Chapter 59

Deena woke up to the sound of Sam's telephone ringing loudly. At first it was apart of her dream, that she was on the phone to Sam, but eventually she woke up with a gasp. She was met with Sam's face the second she opened her eyes. Deena just laid there in awe, admiring how her gorgeous dark blonde hair fell all on her face and was spread all over the pillow. Deena leaned in and kissed her lightly on the cheek as to not wake her, and she got up to tend to the ringing phone.

"Hello?" she asked groggily.

"DEENA! She picked up! Fucking finally, Jesus!" a familiar voice said loudly over the phone. Deena was still in a sleepy haze and she didn't register who was talking to her.

"What?" she groaned, rubbing her eyes.

"Deena, it's Kate and Simon" said Kate's voice desperately.

"Oh hey" she yawed.

"Don't "Oh Hey" me!" Kate yelled at her over the phone.

Kate's voice was just as scary over the phone. It woke Deena up instantly and she tuned in more to the call.

"What'd I do? What's wrong?" Deena enquired attentively.

"What's wrong is that you disappeared without telling anyone anything and haven't been picking up any calls for the past five hours!" Kate's voice screeched through the phone.

"Oh yeah well - wait, five hours? What time is it?" asked Deena.

"Jesus, Dee. It's 11 am. We're calling you from the school.." Deena now heard Simon's voice chiming in. His voice was a lot calmer than Kate's, but still held a tone that sounded like disappointment.

"SHIT! It's the next day?" Deena shouted.

She couldn't believe that the nap her and Sam were just supposed to be having ended up stretching over twelve hours and it was half-way through a schoolday.

"Seriously you need to get here now. Also why are you at Sam's house?" Kate said taking over the phone.

"Uhh, well I-" Deena tried to create an excuse but her friends knew her better than she knew herself.

"HAH! I told you, Kate! They were totally smashing" Deena heard Simon's voice brag to Kate. Deena could almost hear Kate's eyeroll to Simon's brag and she then remembered she was incredibly late to school.

"Well, I gotta go. See you guys at school" Deena said hurriedly before putting the phone back on the line.

She stood there by the phone for a moment and ran her finger through her hair. She was trying to think of separate excuses on how her and Sam were going to arrive late to school so no one suspected anything. Deena was deep in thought before a warm voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Good morning..." said the voice.

Deena turned to look to see Sam standing in a bra and a tight pair of shorts, leaning on the door frame. Her arms were crossed and she had a soft smile on her face as she admired Deena. Deena had never felt so happy and so lucky to see Sam like this. She felt privileged to see her with her walls broken down, and above all she was happy to see Sam at peace for once.

"Hey there" Deena said while returning Sam's soft smile.

Sam chuckled and slowly approached Deena. She wrapped her arms around Deena's neck and just looked into her eyes. Deena rested her hands on Sam's hips and pulled her in for a soft kiss. When they pulled away they were both smiling and blushing heavily.

"What's the time?" Sam asked through a small yawn.

In that moment, Deena's state of peace and tranquillity was interrupted again by the fact that they were already hours late to school.