Chapter 35

The three of them spent the rest of the free hour planning their revenge against Sam. Something that would make her stop fucking with Deena entirely - and get the revenge she so deserved. Deena usually would have had second thoughts but Sam's actions today showed her true motives. They planned to carry out their revenge tonight, during the night games.

"Are you sure you can do this, Dee?" asked Kate.

"Yeah - I wouldn't wanna be alone with her either." Simon added.

Deena took a deep breath in and reminded herself of how Sam humiliated her in front of everyone, and had been doing so ever since she met her. "Yeah. She deserves it."

And with that, the trio set off to begin the first phase of their plan.

The sun was sinking into the trees, and a shade of darkness begin to consume Camp Nightwing. Sam had been so angry at her friends for what they did, but more angry at herself for speaking to Deena like that. She knew how much she hurt her again in that moment, but if Sam had defended Deena she would've been outcasted too - or people would get suspicious. She knew she had blown her only chance with the girl she liked. All she could think about were the words they exchanged last night, how good Deena made her feel. She remembered the warmth that melted in her chest when Deena smiled at her, or how comfortable she felt around her. She missed her curls and her gaze that always made Sam blush. She was on the verge of tears all day, and promised to never forgive herself for what she did.

After dinner, everyone was getting changed for the night games. Sam and her friends went back to the cabin, but Deena and Kate weren't there.

"Thank God, I would never change around that lesbo" said a girl, and everyone laughed but Sam. She just looked at the empty bed opposite hers, the sheets were messy and her clothes were everywhere. An ache started to form in her chest, and her eyes filled with tears again. She unwillingly got changed, and as she was pulling her shirt over her head, she noticed a folded note sitting on her pillow. It had her name written on it.

She picked it up and unfolded it.

"Meet me in the witch's house at 9"

She didn't know whether to believe it or not as her and Deena would usually meet in the shed. But the shed would be busy as the night games were carried out in the nearer part of the forest. The witch's house was the cabin of a witch that lived on a settlement over three hundred years ago, when Shadyside and Sunnyvale weren't separate - but one. A settlement called 'Union'.

It was further into the forest, and Sam thought Deena just wanted privacy. The tears in her eyes faded away and a smile started to form on her cheeks. She looked over at her clock.

8:45

Only fifteen minutes. Sam took her watch and put it on so she wouldn't miss the time. She went outside, lining up by the edge of the woods with everyone else, but there was no sign of Deena. The witch's house was about a five minute walk away, and it was 8:50. Sam didn't want to risk being late, so she excused herself to the bathroom, and entered the forest from the other side.

She was walking at a fast pace - almost running. She was so excited, but also feeling apprehensive. She knew the second she saw Deena she would express her regret as much as she could. She didn't know if Deena would forgive her again, but it was worth a try. She heard the bell ringing from far away, indicating the night games had begun and Sam was far enough away to be near the witch's house.

She noticed a river separating the two sides of the forest, and an old wooden bridge built across. She was here. She saw the cabin lying a few metres ahead, and by what she could see in the window was candle light. She was smiling to herself, and fixed her hair as she stood at the bottom of the steps. But something felt off, it didn't feel like they were alone.