Chapter 32

Sam left Deena, like she was nothing. She left her alone.

Deena took a step back to realise what just happened. Her and Sam just made out. Heavily. Messily. Desperately.

A loud bell rung through the forest signifying that the game had ended. Deena completely forgot where she was or what was happening. All she focused on was Sam. Simon was right, Sam was into her. Crazy into her. Deena shut her eyes for a moment and replayed everything that just happened. How Sam's lips felt against hers. How desperate Sam was for her. Sam pulling her in by her belt loops. Sam's moans and whimpers. Sam wanting Deena more and more by the second. Deena realised in that moment that maybe her crush on Sam wasn't so little.

The taste of Sam's lips lingered on Deena's face. She wanted her to come back, she'd hoped she would. But she didn't. Another bell rung, meaning that everyone had to head back to the mess hall. Deena didn't want to go. She wanted to sit there in the dark and think about nothing other than what Sam's lips felt like. They were soft, and had hints of vanilla.

Another bell rung. Deena decided she had to go otherwise people would declare her missing. She got up, fixed her hair and walked out of the shed, silently. She made her way back to the mess hall. Everyone was already sitting down. As Deena walked in she looked for Sam, and she saw her. Sam was already looking at her, but looked away. Her hands were resting on her neck, covering up the spots where Deena planted kisses.

Deena rolled her eyes and wondered why Sam would do anything else. She sat down next to Simon who looked at her then whispered something.

"Are you okay? You look like you've just fought someone.."

As Deena was about to respond, the counsellors walked in with Kate and Peter by their sides. Kate was grinning and Peter looked like he was about to hit someone.

"And the winner of colour war are - The Blues!"

The left side of the mess hall erupted into cheers. Simon shook Deena and they laughed with each other. Kate was mocking Peter looking like he was about to cry. After that they ate supper, which was a few biscuits and a muffin. Deena wasn't hungry so she let Simons scoff down her muffin.

Kate gave him a disgusted look and they started bantering again. Deena just sat there. She could not tell them what had just happened.

They had an hour of spare time before lights out, so Deena and Kate went back to their cabin to get ready for bed. Deena got changed into her plaid pants and a loose shirt, and laid on her bed reading a book. Kate was wearing silk shorts and a long sleeve, and she listened to music as she got ready for bed. The bathroom door opened, and Sam walked out in her pyjamas. She was wearing tight shorts that hugged her body, and a tight singlet. Deena bit her lip as she watched Sam walk to her own bed. She tried to force her eyes back to her book but couldn't help but look at her again.

Sam could tell Deena was staring, and this made her smile to herself. She picked the tightest clothes out of her collection on purpose, and it was working. She then dropped something at the edge of her bed on purpose.

Deena's eyes lifted from her book as she saw Sam face her back to Deena and bend down slowly trying to pick up what she dropped. Deena bit her lip even harder as Sam purposely took a while to come back up. When she did she turned to look at Deena and met her gaze. She smiled and winked at her and then got in her bed. Deena swallowed the lump in her throat and forced her to return her focus to her book.

The counsellors came around knocking on everyone's cabin telling them it was light's out and turned their outside lights off. Deena shut her book when their light turned off, and put it on her bedside table. She pulled her bedsheets over her and tried to fall asleep.

About two hours had passed, and Deena had not been able to sleep. Her mind was busy thinking about Sam. She didn't think she'd be getting any sleep that night. She then heard Sam's sheets moving. She looked over to her bed to see Sam sitting up right on her bed. Deena also sat up, and they looked at each other. Sam slowly and quietly got out of her bed and walked over to Deena's.

She sat next to Deena on her bed and leaned into her neck to whisper something.

"Meet me at the shed in five minutes"

And with that Sam got up and walked quietly outside to the shed. Deena was in disbelief. She looked around the cabin to make sure everyone was asleep. Everyone was dead asleep, Kate was even snoring. Deena watched her clock, desperately wanting to be able to speed up time. The second it hit five minutes from then she got up and walked outside. It was dark and a little scary. She followed the route to the shed and she slowly opened the door.

"Sam?"