Chapter 6

She had Biology next with Kate and Simon, and they all sat on the same bench together, even though it was a little crowded. There wasn't much learning during the classes they had together, they would talk and gossip, and just joke around with each other until they were laughing so hard they almost fell of their chairs. These are the moments that Deena longed for, especially on a day like this. That fight with Sam killed the joy and excitement she was buzzing with after seeing Kate punish her like that, but Biology made her feel lively again.

After the hour of laughter and gossip with her bestfriends, they all walked out together to the cafeteria, but were stopped by a large group of people standing around the lockers in the hall laughing and gasping. Deena noticed they were crowded around her locker, and everyone turned silent when they saw Deena looking at them. Some people stayed, but most people walked away - afraid of what Deena would do or say to them if she saw them laughing at her.

Kate and Simon pushed through the crowd first and Deena also heard them gasp when they reached the front. Deena was curious now and she shoved through the people that were surrounding Kate and Simon. Simon pushed back and tried to tell her to ignore it and that it meant nothing. Deena was confused and pushed Simon out of the way.

It was her locker.

The word "DYKE" had been keyed into the actual metal of the locker. Deena just stood there in shock. All she could do was stand there. Kate's consoling whispers were phased out and she ignored whatever anyone else was saying. She bit the inside of her lip and clenched her jaw. Fucking Sam. She could feel Kate tugging on her shoulder but she couldn't hear it. The shock and anger that she was experiencing was consuming her more as the seconds ticked by. She was so angry she felt numb.

Deena was brought back to consciousness when Kate snapped her fingers in front of her.

"Deena? Seriously, are you okay?!" she asked desperately.

Deena couldn't respond. She just stood there in disbelief and anger that someone she had only known for not even two days hated her this much, and would do something like that. In that moment she realised this prissy fancy bitch needed a wakeup call. Something much worse than running a few laps at cheer practice.

She turned around to see Simon pushing, shoving and shouting at anyone who was still standing there and telling them to fuck off. Even innocent people passing by were yelled at. It worked, because after what felt like hours but was actually a few minutes, it was just the trio left to witness the disgusting act of homophobia that had occurred.

She felt warmth suddenly and she realised that Simon and Kate were hugging her. She held their arms in closer and when they pulled away she remembered that this was the moment she was going to start making that snobby homophobe's life a living hell. She walked off, with Simon and Kate following closely behind. She could hear them asking her where she was going, or if she was okay, but she couldn't respond. The longer she thought about Sam the angrier she got, and the faster she walked. The walking eventually progressed into stomps as she practically kicked open the doors of the cafeteria. At this point she had a one track mind. Kill Sam.

She walked straight over to Sam's table where she was sitting with the jocks and rest of the cheerleading team. They noticed her walking towards them and they started pointing and laughing, but Deena couldn't care any less about anyone that wasn't Sam. She walked up right behind Sam and ripped the juice box that she was drinking from out of her hands and threw it against the wall.

She heard Kate and Simon shouting her name and telling her to stop but she was too consumed with anger and revenge.

"What the fuck, Johnson?" Sam exclaimed.