Chapter 50

Kate and Simon went to their own homes to change into their clothes before they arrived at Deena's. Deena had gotten ready last minute because she had spent the rest of the afternoon wrapped in her blankets thinking about the seven words that Sam told her. She couldn't make her mind up on whether she believed her or not. She realised that she had to get ready ten minutes before Simon and Kate arrived, and she quickly threw on an outfit.

When they arrived they both looked really good. Kate had makeup done on her eyes, and Simon had painted his nails.

"Ladykiller looks extraordinarily sexy as usual" Kate smirked at her when she entered the house. Deena returned a smile to her. Kate explained that their taxi came in ten minutes.

After those ten minutes had passed, they heard a honking from outside. The three of them rushed out Deena's driveway. Kate gave the driver a note and told him the address. Within twenty minutes they had arrived at a mansion that stretched across an entire block. It looked like there were thousands of people there, not just hundreds. The music was blasting, and as the three of them walked up the marble drive way they were met with a pink banner.

"Happy Birthday, Zoe!"

There were pink streamers everywhere, and the music was so loud Deena could feel the bass shaking her organs. They entered the house through it's open double doors, and were met with the strong smell of alcohol and the loud noise of music. Simon was so excited that he almost dragged the girls through the long marble halls to get to the kitchen.

They had strong alcohol, and Deena was feeling drunk after one glass bottle of it. She was giggly and her vision was a little hazy. The three of them found their way to the dance floor. The music was loud, and people were everywhere.

Whatta Man by Salt n Pepa was blasting out of various different speakers that were bigger than Deena herself. The three of them ended up being pushed into a dance circle, and joined some random Sunnyvalers while they were dancing. Deena was having more fun then she expected. She finished her drink, and as the song went on, the more she lost control of herself with the drunker she got.

The song changed to No Ordinary Love by Sade, and the vibe shifted to a slow dance. Deena, Kate and Simon were dancing with the rest of the people on the dance floor to the beat. Their eyes were shut and everyone was singing the lyrics low. Some people were making out, others were dancing on each other. Simon was right next to a couple that was making out messily, stumbling over, and Kate and Deena were giggling when they stumbled into him.

Deena was feeling hot, and very inebriated. As the three of them continued dancing slow, some of the cheer leaders from their team joined them, saying hi to Kate. Deena didn't register that the entire team had showed up to the dance floor. Simon handed her another drink which she gladly accepted, and finished within seconds. She heard familiar giggles coming near her, and Deena turned around to be met with Peter Chernin and Sam making out right next to her. Kate noticed too. Deena had no control over her words, so she audibly sighed and told them to get a room. Kate pulled her away from them as Sam turned around to see she was making out right next to Deena. She watched as Deena got dragged away to a different section of the dance floor.

When they got dragged to another section, Deena accidentally knocked into a brunette girl that was angry at first, but then turned around. It was the brunette girl from Sam's party that Deena had been flirting with. Her expression changed from annoyance to a smirk when she saw Deena. Deena smiled back at her. They talked for a bit before the brunette girl pulled her in for a kiss in front of everyone. It didn't feel right, but Deena chalked that up to the amount of alcohol she had consumed. The girl wrapped her arms around Deena's neck, and Deena pulled her in by the hips as they continued making out.