Chapter 10

Deena wasn't woken up by her brother this morning, instead it was Kate and Simon. There were three loud bangs on the front door that Deena tried muffling out by shoving her pillow over her face.

Kate and Simon started shouting for Deena from outside the house.

"Wake up ladykiller!" they bothed shouted in unison.

Deena groaned and looked over at her alarm clock. It was 6:50 AM. Why can't anyone let her sleep in longer than 7 AM?

Kate and Simon banged on her door again. She then remembered why they were there so early. It was Friday, which meant the first football game since last year was being held. Deena was in the band, and she was a percussionist. Kate was the captain of the cheerleading time, and Simon was their mascot. The football team was called the Shadyside Witches.

Deena got up, her eyes half shut, stumbling into every wall until she opened the door for them and went back to her room and faceplanted into her bed. Kate and Simon followed her into her room and threw a pair of shoes at her.

"Ow!" Deena yelped.

"Get your ass out of bed! Simon was making us late enough with his stupid face paint." Kate said impatiently.

"There is nothing stupid about Shadyside pride!" Simon responded back. Deena looked up at him and his entire face was painted a shade of green, and he was wearing a black witch's hat and held a broom in one hand. Deena would laugh if she wasn't so tired.

She sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes.

"I'll be ready in 5 mins" she groaned. She ushered them out of the room. She brushed her teeth and washed her face and then returned to her room where she had to search for a while until she found her navy blue band uniform shoved underneath one of the shelves, sitting on top of her drum. She got dressed, and put on her hat. She thought she looked like an absolute dork, but Kate swore she looked sexy. She could never take herself seriously in that outfit.

She exited her room, dressed and ready. Kate and Simon were sitting on the chairs in the living room, and were practically beaming when they saw Deena in her outfit. They knew that she didn't like being in the band a lot, but it was one of the few things that they could all get ready for together even if they hated football.

"Looking hot, Dee" Kate winked at her.

Deena scoffed and gestured for them to get out of the house and in her car. They exited first, and Deena with her keys in one hand, and her drum in the other, set off to school for early band practice.

They had another enjoyable drive to school, and the laughs they shared distracted Deena from the fact she would have to see Sam today. She didn't even think about Sam until they arrived at school. Deena parked and they all got out of the car and went to the gymnasium. The cheerleading team were already there, but only half of the band members were.

This didn't bother Kate. Even though she was the captain for the cheerleading team, everyone was so scared of her that they listened to what she said anyways. She ordered the band members around, and the cheerleaders until she was satisfied with their positioning.

Kate made Deena go in the middle, she knew Deena didn't like to be the centre of attention. Deena was thankful for that. She looked around the room, watching Kate order everyone around like a badass dictator until she realised Sam wasn't there.

Kate must've realised too. She went up to one of Sam's friends that Kate brought to the front.

"Where's your homophobic buddy?"

"Who?" the girl squeaked, scared of what Kate would do next.

"Sam! Where the fuck is Sam? She's our main girl, as much as I don't want her to be, there is no pyramid without her." Kate groaned.