Chapter 9

Sam's mind drifted as she fell asleep.

It was the cafeteria, and it was empty. It was completely silent, and she was the only person there. She looked down at her hands, and then looked back up and was met with Deena's face. She jumped a little.

"Did I frighten you, Fraser?" Deena smirked at her.

Sam was so confused. Was this real? She began to feel uncomfortable. Deena began to approach her slowly.

One step forward.

Another step forward.

Sam looked down to see Deena's feet walking slowly towards her.

"Deena?" asked Sam, slightly frightened.

There was no response, but instead Deena smiled and locked her eyes onto Sam and got so close to Sam that their knees began to touch. Sam was shaking.

Deena just observed her and looked her up and down.

"You didn't answer me.." Deena said, with the slightest hint of seduction in her voice.

"What uhm. What was the question again?" said Sam with a shaky voice.

Deena lifted her hand up to Sam's face and Sam winced, thinking Deena was going to hit her. Instead she tucked her hair behind her ear slowly, and then her finger wandered around Sam's face. Her touch was light, and traced the features of her face.

Sam shuddered at Deena's touch, but didn't object to it. She just stood there as the brunette was tracing her features. Her finger got to Sam's lips, and she began to cup her face with her hand.

Sam stood there in shock, not knowing what to do or say.

Deena's thumb softly caressed Sam's bottom lip, almost like it was asking for permission to enter. Sam opened her mouth, she tried not to but every fibre of her body fought against her objection. Her lips parted slightly, and Deena's thumb entered her mouth.

Sam felt the urge to kiss her finger. She didn't want to, but that's what her body was screaming for. She closed her lips on Deena's thumb and kissed it. She doesn't know what possessed her, but then she began sucking on it slightly, and kissing it. Deena took her thumb out and rubbed Sam's lips.

Deena cupped her face again, and leaned in closer.

Her breath became hotter and hotter the closer she inched to Sam's face. Sam didn't fight her leaning in, and she didn't want to. She let Deena lean in until their lips were less than an inch apart. Sam shut her eyes.

Deena looked at Sam's lips but didn't move. She stayed where she was.

What Sam was anticipating didn't come, and she got confused and opened her eyes, only to be greeted with Deena staring at her lips. Sam felt a rush in her lower stomach.

Deena leaned in so close until they were millimeters apart, but then moved her lips to Sam's ear.

"I asked if I frightened you." Deena whispered softly.

Sam grinned a little.

"Only a bit" she smiled.

Deena looked at her and they made eye contact. They were both smiling at each other, until Deena began frowning instantly. It was like her face flipped in less than a second.

"Deena?" Sam asked with concern.

Deena broke the eye contact and turn away from her, so her back was facing Sam.

That's how they stayed for a while, until Sam tried to reach for her shoulder. Then Deena instantly turned around and ran towards her and shoved her into the wall so hard it felt like Sam's world shook.

Deena began screaming obscenities at her and then she just kept shouting at Sam "Why?". Sam was crying and was telling her to stop and that she didn't know.

Deena fell silent. Sam was still sobbing. She then looked up at Sam and they made eye contact. Deena began to walk away slowly.

Sam thought Deena was going to leave, she hoped she left. So when she started walking away Sam exhaled and went to go sit down when Deena ran back again and what seemed like all her strength shoved Sam into the wall again.

Before Sam could hit the wall, she woke up, with a loud and deep inhale.

She was breathing fast, and deep. She was sweating, and shaking. She leaned against her wall and held her knees to her chest and began rocking back and forth trying to calm herself down. She looked over at her alarm.

4:33 AM.

She couldn't get back to sleep due to how fast her heart was beating so she got up and decided to have a hot shower. She got her change of clothes ready and got undressed.

She entered and sat in the shower, under the hot water, feeling the warmth of every drop and the heat of the steam fill up the bathroom. She felt dirty, and no amount of scrubbing could wash away the residue of her dream. She took a deep breath in and told herself it was going to be okay. She didn't know if she believed that.