Chapter 51

Carry on, my wayward son

There'll be peace when you are done

The words rung through Deena's ears, and caused a piercing feeling to strike through her head, waking her up with an instant headache. The song was blasting, and Deena was in a state of confusion. She looked over at the clock and it read 7:20 AM.

Deena groaned knowing that even though she had a while until school started, it wasn't enough time to get back to sleep. She sat up on her bed, in her clothes from last night. When she sat up, her hangover hit her like a truck, and the headache merged into a blinding migraine. She was groaning out of pain, searching for her ibuprofen. She found a few, and chugged it with the day old water sitting on her dressing table.

She sat there with her eyes shut on the edge of her bed. When the pain had subsided a little, she realised she was awake, and this wasn't a nightmare. Following the hang over, the events of last night came flowing in, and Deena began to remember everything that happened. Each shot she took, every song that played...

She remembered what her and Sam did. She groaned in her hands realising how quickly she had folded to Sam's irresistibility when she was dancing with Deena. Then the events that happened when they were locked away came flowing in and it make Deena stand up out of second-hand embarrassment from herself. She got changed and splashed extra cold water on her face as she brushed her teeth. When she was ready she almost kicked down Josh's door.

His music was still blasting, and it was making Deena's hangover worse. She slammed his radio off, and he quickly spun around.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"You don't need to be playing this shit so fucking loud, Josh" Deena groaned.

"It's not my fault you drank so much last night" he muttered under his breath.

Deena turned around. "What was that?"

"Nothing" he said.

"Good. Get in the car" she told him.

"B-"

"Now." she demanded. He gave her a look and shut his computer off before storming out the door and slamming it hard. The loud bang of the door caused the headache Deena was experiencing to become splitting. She picked up sunglasses along with her keys, and wore them for the rest of the day to block out the light from how sensitive her headache was making her.

She arrived at school a little later than usual. Kate and Simon were already in their spot, waiting for her. They looked just as tired as Deena. Kate had makeup on from the night before and it was all smudged. Simon was trying to sleep with his head on the table. Deena arrived, wearing her sunglasses. All Kate did was give her a nod.

"So we've all got a splitting headache?" Deena asked.

"Yuuhp" Kate nodded.

"That and sleep deprivation" Simon muttered while trying to sleep. Deena nodded in agreeance.

The bell rung for first period, and all three of them covered their ears with their hands as it rung. They stumbled off to their first class together, which was Biology. They sat at their usual table, but didn't engage in their usual gossip. The rest of their class seemed to be feeling the same way as half the people had their head in their hands or resting on the table trying to sleep, and others were slapping themselves trying to stay awake. Deena looked over at Peter's table and he and Sheila were there, both of them also looking very tired. The lesson was about to start before Sam came bursting through the door. She looked just as tired as everyone else, but the sight of Sam made Deena's headache become worse, and Deena put her head down to avoid Sam for now.