Chapter 55

Deena's stomach dropped at Sam's response. All the boys and Sheila in the circle began cheering and patting Peter on the back. Peter pulled Sam in for a kiss, and he kissed her hard. Deena watched his hands slide down her back and squeeze her ass hard as he kissed her. Sam looked uncomfortable but Deena was in shock.

Her eyes welled with tears. She couldn't believe what she was watching. Sam and Peter made out a little before they pulled away and Sam pulled him in for a hug. When she pulled him in, she opened her eyes and made eye contact with Deena. She saw Deena's face.

Deena felt her blood boil as Sam made eye contact with her. She bit her lip. There was no way that Sam just did this to Deena. After what she just confessed, she did the exact thing that Deena told her she was afraid of.

"Fuck you, Sam" Deena mouthed to her. She didn't say it out loud so she didn't alert anyone, but she said it with enough anger that Sam was able to decipher what she said.

Deena turned and ran away. She didn't know where she was running to. She felt the same feeling as she ran away from when she saw Sam and Peter that one night at the game except this hurt so much more because Deena admitted she was in love with Sam. She hurt her again. She did the exact thing Deena didn't want her to do. She made all her fears come true with one word. Tears were streaming down her face as she ran across the school's campus. She ended up in the science block. She shoved the door to one of the rooms open. She checked to see that no one was there before screaming. Her screams drowned the room. She kicked in the sliding door to one of the cabinets - causing it to break. She just leaned against the wall and slid into her own knees, sobbing.

Sam watched as Deena mouthed those words to her. The second she said yes to Peter she regretted it. It was instantaneous. She had never wanted to go back in time so bad. She felt the overwhelming urge to cry, and tears began brimming in her eyes. She pulled away from the hug with Peter. She thanked him and told him she had an appointment somewhere. She tried to follow after Deena but Peter pulled her in again for another kiss. This caused his friends to erupt into cheers again. Sam pulled away as fast as she could and ran off. All of Peter's friends were patting him on the back, and Sheila just watched as Sam ran off.

Sam didn't know where Deena would run, but she knew she liked the science blocks because it was far and no one ever goes there during break. She ran as fast as her feet could carry her, tears streaming down her face. She reached the science block and began searching desperately for Deena. She looked in the windows of every classroom until she came across one where she could faintly see someone. She flung open the door.

"Deena?!" she shouted.

She turned around and locked the door. She brought the blinds down, covering all the windows. She could her quiet sobs coming from the corner of the room.

"Deena...please" Sam pled.

Deena's sobs were interrupted. She stood up immediately to see Sam standing with her bouquet. The sight of Sam angered Deena.

"You had to bring those? What, wanted to fucking shove it MORE in my face?" Deena screamed at Sam, referring to her bouquet.

Sam realised and swore at herself. She dropped the flowers and ran over to Deena.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know he was going to do that!" Sam tried to tell her.

"Why does that even matter?!" Deena shouted.

Deena was right, but Sam was stressed and didn't know what to say.

"You made the ONE thing I was afraid of come true only minutes after I told you I was afraid of getting hurt!" Deena shouted again.