Chapter 25

Sam stared into her own eyes in her mirror. Her cheeks were a deep red, and her face was hot. She was still breathing heavily, and was still worked up. She turned the tap on, and splashed cold water on her face, but this couldn't came her down.

She sat on the closed toilet seat and ran her fingers through her hair. As she did, she shut her eyes and let the events that just happen replay. The eye contact she held with Deena, the smirk she gave her, watching her expression change. Sam had to stop herself from thinking when she felt the hot feeling in her face move between her legs.

She stood back up to splash more cold water on her face to try and distract herself, but it wasn't working. She needed Deena.

She continued staring at herself in the mirror. As she did, she slowly took off her shirt and threw it into her washing basket. She looked at the hickeys left by Jackson on her neck, and collarbone. She sighed as she ran her fingers over it. She then shut her eyes and began to imagine what it would feel like if they were left by Deena.

She imagined the feeling of her lips against her skin.

She ran her fingers further down her body. Slowly, with a touch as light as a feather, the tips of Sam's fingers grazed the area above her crotch.

She imagined the sound of Deena whispering in her ear.

Her fingers travelled further down her body, slowly.

What it would feel like to have Deena's body pushed up against hers.

The tips of her fingers met with the band of her jeans. They played with the band, and slid underneath.

She wanted to hear how desperate Deena would be for her.

They met with her underwear, and she grazed her own crotch, running her fingers up and down, feeling the wetness through the fabric. She let out a small gasp.

Deena didn't know what to do. She stood there as she watched Sam make eye contact with her, as she walked up the stairs to her room. Maybe they were just going to talk. That's right, Deena was going to tell her how bad of a person Sam was.

She followed her footsteps up the stairs, and turned left down the hallway like she did yesterday. She ended up outside Sam's room, but the door was open. She looked inside and there was no one in it. She was confused, and turned around to leave until she heard heavy breathing coming from the other side of the door that was next to her room.

Deena approached the door and put her ear to the wood. She heard slow, and heavy breathing, followed by low groans. She could barely make them out, and she couldn't help but listen closer. She shut her eyes and hoped it was Sam. She then heard a low and slow whisper, this time it was so quiet that she wasn't sure of what she just heard. She thought they groaned her name. Deena thought that she just misheard, and then she realised how creepy it was standing outside of the door listening to someone's breathing.

She took a step back and knocked on the door lightly.

Sam's mind was racing with scenarios of Deena. She pictured her face, her smile, her eyes looking down at Sam. She was so caught up in touching herself she didn't realise she let Deena's name slip from her mouth. As her fingers were about to slide underneath her underwear, someone knocked on the door. Sam gasped and instantly took her hand out of her pants.

She ran to the basket and put on her shirt. She took a quick look at herself in the mirror and her hair was messy, her face was red and she was out of breath. She splashed some more cold water on her face.

"Sam?" asked the voice. It was soft, and sounded familiar.

Sam didn't respond. She didn't know what to do or say. Had she heard her saying her name?

"Sam, it's Deena.." said the voice.

Sam's stomach dropped. She was at a loss for words.

Deena wasn't hearing any responses, she didn't even know why she was trying to talk to Sam alone knowing how risky it could be.

Sam slowly approached the door and rested her forehead against it. She didn't know what to do and she couldn't face Deena after what she almost did.

"Look, Sam. It'll be hard for me to talk about what happened without wanting to like run you over, but if that's what you want, just let me in." the voice spoke again.

Sam just took a deep breath in, and refused to let herself respond. She was so confused, she didn't know what she wanted. She saw the doorknob slightly turn and she took a step back from the door, watching it intently.

Deena decided she would just see if she was okay. She put her hand on the doorknob and turned it slightly to see if it was unlocked. It was. She almost turned it the entire way, and was about to open the door when she hears someone shout her name from the end of the hall.

"Deena!"

Deena turned around to see Kate and Simon together.

"We've been looking for you for ages, thank god we found you!."

Sam heard more voices come into the hallway, and then she saw the doorknob turn back to it's original position and she felt so relieved. She listened intently, waiting for Deena to leave.

"What's up?" asked Deena.

"Our cab has been waiting outside for the past ten minutes, Dee" replied Simon.

"He said if we don't leave in the next few minutes he'll charge us double." said Kate.

"Okay, okay, let's go"

As the three of them walked back down the hallway, Deena turned around and took one last glance at Sam's door. She sighed and kept walking with her two friends, exiting the house, and getting in the cab.

Deena's mind could only think of one thing. Sam. She wasn't listening to Simon and Kate talk about their favourite parts of the night, she just looked out the window wondering how she felt about Sam now.

She was the first to be dropped off, and as soon as she opened her front door, her body became aware of how tired she was. She went straight to her room, got changed and fell asleep the second her head hit the pillow.

As she drifted off to sleep, she dreamt that she was in the gymnasium at school, except it was just her, alone. She was in her band uniform. She walked around the empty place, calling and looking for anybody.

She sighed to herself.

"Of course I'm alone."

She went to go sit down on the bleachers, until she heard a voice respond back.

"Are you sure about that?"