Chapter 64

TW: Mentions of abuse and suicide

When Sam rushed home that afternoon, the second she reached her street she noticed her mothers car in her drive way. She had spent the entire walk home mentally preparing herself for everything she was going to say. She stormed up the drive way and opened the door with so much force it flew open and bounced against the wall and slammed itself shut.

"How many times have I told you not to slam the door?!" a voice shouted from a few rooms over.

Sam dropped her bag at the front door and followed the source of the voice. She found her mother sitting on a couch reading a magazine. It was one of those magazines that fat shames celebrities. The people that read those magazines are deeply insecure people who need to see others doing bad to feel better about themself. She had a wine glass in hand and was about to sip from it before Sam ripped it out of her hands and threw it against the wall. It smashed instantly into little chips of glass and spread all over the floor, along with the wine that was left in it.

Her mother turned from the wall to look at Sam and she looked mortified.

"You little brat!" she shouted at her.

Her mother was about to get up off the couch but Sam shoved her back into the seat. This took her mother by surprise and she continued sitting.

"I'm only going to ask you this once, so answer honestly. If you lie I will know" Sam said leaning into her face. She was huffing from anger.

"F-fine" her mother stammered.

"Did you pay Sheila and Peter to be friends with me?"

Her mother was silent. She just looked away and pretended that Sam didn't exist.

Sam ripped the magazine out of her hands as well and threw it against the wall too. Her mother looked at it in a soggy heap from the wine on the floor. Her mother was genuinely angry now.

"Yes, I did. God knows you needed it" she spat at Sam.

Sam just laughed like an insane person to herself. "Do you realise how fucked up you sound right now?" she laughed.

"Don't you dare curse at me" her mother shouted.

"I'LL SAY WHAT I FUCKING WANT TO YOU" Sam screamed into her face. Her spit flew every where, and landed all over her mother's face.

"W-well I ne-" her mother tried to say but she was cut off by Sam's shouts again.

"I cannot BELIEVE you!" Sam said in disbelief.

"Don't talk to me like that!" her mother screamed.

"Actually, I can believe it. You have been hellbent on ruining my life ever since I was born." Sam said now a little quieter.

"You're insane. You always have to be the victim, don't you?" her mother tried to tease her but it wasn't working.

"I thought after being forced to move out from Dad's house and move out from Sunnyvale, things couldn't get worse. Then the few people I actually make friends with turn out to be your spies" Sam said, laughing to herself insanely between every word.

"Well I-" her mother tried to say.

"And Peter? You PAID HIM TO BE MY BOYFRIEND?" Sam's voice began shifting from quiet to loud again.

"You can't blame me for that! You had no boyfriend other than that man-whore Jackson! God knows why? I was starting to think you were some disgusting lesbian" her mother tried to explain to her.

Sam just looked at her. Her eyes were wide, and Sam genuinely felt like she was going crazy in that moment. Her eyes were darting between her mother's as she pinned her hands down to the couch.