Chapter 79

"So, what are we doing for lunch?" Deena asked as she watched Sam clean the dishes they used to eat for breakfast.

"Something..."  Sam hummed as she swayed her body with the flow of the music coming from her stereo.

Deena's The Pixies mixtape was playing and Deena was absorbing every moment of watching the woman she was in love with dance and sing along to the songs of a band she had loved since she was a child. Something about Sam and The Pixies led to a warm feeling settling in Deena's chest. It grew as she watched the beautiful blonde in the kitchen look over her shoulder and reach out her hand. Deena slowly approached her and put her hand in Sam's and as Sam took it, she spun Deena. 

They were both laughing as they spun each other, but when the tempo of the song slowed down, they brought each other in close, their hands interlocked and faces only inches apart. They could feel their hot breath mixing as Deena was staring at Sam's eyes and her lips. Sam was doing the same until her gaze ended up resting on Deena's lips.

"What does 'something' mean?" Deena asked gently.

Sam tore her gaze off Deena's lips and brought them to her eyes with a smile.

"It means that I have something planned" she replied, smirking.

"Am I allowed to know what this something is?" Deena questioned, returning her smile and sarcastically raising an eyebrow."

"Not particularly.." Sam replied as they two of them swayed from side to side slowly, following the tempo and beat of the song.

Their hands broke free of each other and Deena's instantly ran down Sam's body and met her waist. She pulled Sam's body closer into hers until it was against it. Sam's hands wrapped around Deena's neck, and they stayed like this as they continued dancing slowly in their kitchen, eyes locked and breathing heavy. The sun was shining in through a large window in the kitchen, and the rays landed on them. Sam was in awe as she saw how angelic Deena looked bathed in the sunlight. Her brown eyes were now the colour of honey, and the light illuminated every individual curl, freckle and eyelash she had. Sam studied the way her hair fell in front of her face. Deena danced slowly as she remained speechless when the rays drowned Sam's blonde hair in sun. The sparkle in her beautiful blue eyes returned and danced with them as the music continued. Deena studied the way Sam's eyes crinkled when she smiled, how the corners of her lips would turn when smiled and the joy and butterflies that Sam could welcome just from her laugh. 

The song changed abruptly and it was a more upbeat, heavier song. The two of them giggled and rested their foreheads against each other's. They stayed like that for a few moments before Sam kissed Deena's forehead gently and pulled away.

"I love you, Deena Johnson" she whispered.

"I love you more, Samantha Fraser" Deena replied, smirking.

"Oh, so we're doing this now?" Sam giggled as she turned back to finish cleaning their dishes.

Deena laughed and walked up behind Sam and hugged her from behind. "Tell me where we're going for lunch..." Deena told Sam.

"You will just have to wait and see..." Sam giggled as she turned off the tap and dried her hands.

"Will you tell me now?" Deena asked, almost begging Sam.

"We're literally leaving now, why would I ruin the surprise right before I show you?" Sam said, rolling her eyes.

Deena sighed and turned around to face Sam.