Chapter 70

Deena was kept under observation in the hospital for a few more days, and on Wednesday she was released. The days flew by quite quick because she had Kate, Simon and occasionally Josh with her at most points in time. Kate and Simon had been taking several days off school, and this meant a lot to Deena, especially for Kate to miss school when she's had a perfect attendance since she started high school. They spent most of the mornings and afternoons together helping Deena gain her strength back but also her smile. They'd leave just before visiting hours ended so Deena could have some time to herself to process what happened with Sam. She was already feeling a little better, but now that she was out of the hospital she'd have to go back home to her room where she couldn't escape the memories of being with Sam. Her bed, her shower, her washroom. Anytime The Pixies played she had to skip the song because of how much it reminded her of Sam.

Kate drove her home that afternoon on Wednesday. When they got back to her house Deena took a few moments before she went inside. The memories of her and Sam hanging at her house flooded her mind.

"You okay, Dee?" Simon asked as she stood there in silence staring at the front door.

"Yeah just a little overwhelming" Deena replied.

They gave her weak smiles until she was ready to go back inside. She went inside and saw that the entire house had been cleaned. She was so confused, she checked the kitchen, washroom, bathroom and living room and they were all spotless.

"What the hell did you guys do?" Deena chuckled as she ran a finger along one of the drawers, only to have not a speck of dust appear.

"We thought you should come back to a clean and more important bleep-free environment" Simon said proudly.

"What is 'bleep-free'?" Deena asked.

"He bleeps Sam's name out every time we mention her name" Kate replied, rolling her eyes at Simon.

Deena just laughed at Simon's dedication to helping Deena get over Sam.

"I'm still going to see her everyday and I still love her very much so I think saying her name is fine" Deena said.

"It's not like if you say it two more times she'll appear or something" Kate added with a chuckle.

Simon just frowned as the girls laughed at him. They went to go to Deena's room and when they entered Deena's jaw dropped. Her bed sheets were completely different, and the actual bed was made. There was no mess, everything had been cleaned. Her closet was even sorted and clothes weren't just thrown everywhere. Deena approached the closet and put the folded clothes that Sam gave her in the back of it.

"You aren't going to throw those out?" Kate asked her.

"Nope." Deena replied.

"Will you wear it at least?" Simon questioned.

"Nope." Deena replied again.

The two of them looked at each other then at Deena.

"So why keep it?" they asked her.

"I just don't feel right throwing it out. Plus that sweater was expensive" Deena chuckled.

They gave her a nod in agreeance to her answer but they still thought something was off. Deena just looked around at her room in awe. She went and sat on her new bed sheets.

"This is genuinely so amazing. Thank you guys you really didn't have to do this at all and I-"

"It's okay, Dee. Seriously" Kate assured her with a smile.

"Yeah, it was fun to do anyways" Simon added.

"So onto the pressing issue.." Kate began as she sat next to Deena.