Chapter 61

Sam was forced for the rest of the day by her irritating school timetable to not have any more classes with Deena that day. This upset her more than anyone could ever know. Even if they couldn't talk or look at each other at the same time, just the presence of Deena in the same room as her was enough for Sam. She was addicted to looking at Deena.

She had mastered the art of tuning Sheila and Peter's conversations out during these classes. The one thing that helped her with getting through the day was the thought of seeing Deena in the hallway, even if it was for a second. Even if there wasn't enough time or privacy for them to flash a small grin at each other, they would make swift eye contact. In those few seconds, the love Sam had for Deena just washes over her every time. Her heart melts and her stomach explodes with butterflies. At least it was the last period of the day and she was able to see Deena after this, only if she could outrun the beast that was Sheila. She was tuned out of the conversation until Sheila started clicking her fingers in Sam's face, bringing her out of her regular thoughts about Deena.

"Hello? Earth to Sam?" Sheila said while waving her hand in her face.

Sam pushed it away "What?" she asked irritably.

Sheila looked taken aback and Sam realised that she had to maintain a close friendship to her so that she wouldn't suspect anything else.

"Sorry, just tired" Sam added, and Sheila nodded and began droning on again about her yoga routines in the morning.

"Oh Sam, you should totally join your mom in her yoga class" Peter said, nudging her shoulder.

Sam forgets frequently she's actually in a "relationship" with Peter.

"You know I hate yoga s- hold on. How do you know my mother does yoga?" Sam asked, now paying attention. She found it extremely odd that her boyfriend would know more about her mother's routine than Sam even cared to know.

"She's taken me a few times, duh" Peter scoffed, rolling his eyes at Sam.

This didn't clear anything up. If anything, Sam was more confused.

"What do you mean that she's "taken" you?" Sam asked, her anger rising.

"Literally what else could it mean, babe. She takes me to her yoga class sometimes when I'm free" Peter replied, now giving her a weird look.

Sam ignored this weird look. "Why the fuck are you going to yoga with my mother?" Sam asked him angrily, and her voice raising slightly.

"Jesus, are you crazy or something?" Peter asked her.

"Answer me, Peter!" Sam told him, now speaking louder.

Sam's raised voice gained the attention of a few of their classmates who turned their heads to look at them.

"Because she invites me! We're close and she l-" Peter tried to explain but Sam wasn't having it.

"How close are you with my mother, exactly?" She asked him bluntly.

"Why do you care?!" he shouted.

"Because it's fucking weird that you're so close with my mother that you go to fucking yoga with her and don't even tell me about it!" Sam shouted back, louder.

At this point the entire class including the teacher had gone silent and everyone was staring at their table as they continued yelling at each other.

"Oh my god, she was so right about you" Peter scoffed while rolling his eyes.

"What?" Sam hissed.

"She seriously could have never paid me enough!" he replied.

"What the fuck does that mean?" she spat at him.