Chapter 57

The rest of the day went by slow because both Deena and Sam were so excited. The second the bell rung for the end of the day Deena said bye to Kate and Simon and ushered Josh to the car as quick as she could. She drove home as fast as she could without speeding or driving recklessly, and the second she got home she started rummaging through her closet. She alternated between her closet and cleaning her room just in case Sam wanted to go back to Deena's. She vacuumed her entire house and deep cleaned their bathroom, all while Deena was searching through her closet to wear. She needed to look as good as possible, but nothing seemed to be hot enough. She finally settled on a short sleeved button up, where she left the top two buttons undone. She rolled the sleeves up so they were tight and she put on her nicest pair of jeans.

When her clock read 4:30 she scrambled to her car and set off. When she pulled up next to Sam's house, her heart was racing so fast. She felt like she was about to pass out. She waited in the car because Sam told her to so her mother wouldn't be suspicious. Deena looked up to Sam's room and saw that she was looking at her through the window. Deena got out of her car and waved at Sam, when she disappeared. A few seconds later she appeared at the front door. Sam approached her fast. Deena opened the car door for her and Sam got in swiftly. When Deena got back into her side Sam smiled.

"Drive until we're past my house" she told Deena.

Deena obeyed her and drove her car forward until they were out of sight. When Deena put the car into park Sam instantly reached over to her face and kissed her passionately. She ran her fingers through Deena's hair, and rested her hand on the back of her neck. Sam started kissing her with tongue - causing it to turn into a short makeout session. When Sam pulled away they smiled at each other.

"Hello to you too" Deena chuckled. Sam laughed at her comment and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you so much it was insane" Sam told Deena.

Deena smiled at Sam before kissing her again. "I missed you too. I swear I went through my entire closet" Deena admitted.

"Me too!" Sam exclaimed.

Sam was wearing a plaid skirt and a white lace top with a jacket.

"You look so beautiful" Deena told her.

Sam blushed at Deena's compliment. "As do you" she said before pulling Deena for another kiss.

"So, where are we going first?" Deena asked.

"I told you it's a surprise. I'll give you directions, you just drive." Sam said.

Deena nodded at this and began driving. She followed Sam's directions, turning left and right when she told her to. As they were driving, Sam pulled out a mixtape and put it into Deena's stereo. It was the tape that Deena gave to her that was entirely The Pixies.

"Wow. Great music taste, I wonder what inspired it.." Deena joked.

"I know. I guess only hot people like The Pixies" Sam joked with her.

They sung along to the lyrics as Deena continued driving. Twenty minutes later they had reached a spot along the edge of a cliff that had overlooked a lake. It was already dark so the moon was out, and the stars and constellations were reflected on the lake. Deena put the car in park when Sam told them they were here. Deena got out of the car and opened Sam's door for her. Sam took Deena's hand into her own so they were holding each other's hand. They both peered over at the lake.

"How romantic" Deena smirked before she pulled Sam in for a brief kiss.

Sam pulled Deena over to the edge of the cliff and she pulled a picnic blanket out of her backpack. She set it out, along with a few snacks and a boombox that she transferred their mixtape into. She set it down and ushered for Deena to lay down. Deena laid down against a large pillow that Sam had also brought, and Sam to Deena's surprise sat in between her legs.