Chapter 74

Deena woke up late on Friday because of her pain meds. She only had an hour to get ready. When she got up she cursed loudly and ran to the bathroom immediately to wash her face with cold water to reduce the drowsiness caused by the medication. When she walked out of the bathroom she entered the living room only to see Kate, Simon and Josh all sitting on the couch. Kate looked stunning, she was wearing a lacy pink ball gown and had matching gloves that went up her forearms. Simon was wearing a three piece suit with a bow tie that was pink, matching the colour of Kate's dress. Deena was wearing a baggy t-shirt and a pair of shorts with a ridiculous amount of holes. They laughed at her the second she entered the living room.

"How long have you guys been here?" Deena yawned.

"At least an hour" Kate chuckled.

"And you didn't think to wake me up?!" Deena shouted.

"We tried!" Simon said, laughing heartily.

"We really did, Dee. But those meds must be really strong because you did not budge at all!" Kate laughed.

Deena felt so embarrassed. Her entire face went red and she just turned back to her room. She fixed her hair and got dressed in her outfit. It looked just as good as it did the first time she tried it on. She called Kate and Simon in and they were still in awe of how good it looked on her. Deena got Kate to do her makeup. It was light, with mascara on her eyelashes, some blush and highlighter as well as some lip gloss. To match the sparkly crystals on Deena's lace top, Kate had some jewels that you could stick onto people's faces. She used some of her eyelash glue and put some sparkly stars around Deena's eyes.

"So sexy" Kate whispered as she held the star on her skin so it would stay.

Both of them erupted into laughter at her comment. Deena forgot what it was like to feel this happy, this peaceful. The last time she felt this was at the hill overlooking the lake with Sam. It was a cold night and the breeze was flowing through their hair. The warmth of their bodies contrasting the cold air. Deena cursed herself silently because her thoughts strayed to Sam again. She forced herself to focus on the moment. When Kate had finished applying the last jewel, Deena stood up and looked in the mirror. She loved how she looked. The makeup wasn't too heavy, it was natural while at the same time highlighted her features. She felt extraordinarily confident in herself.

She turned to the two of them with a big smile on her face. Kate was smirking, which got Deena's attention.

"Kate?" Deena asked.

Kate pulled something out of her bra.

"Picture time!" she exclaimed while holding her polaroid camera.

Deena sighed loudly and Kate laughed. She had to hide it because she knew how much Deena hated taking photos. They asked Josh to take a photo of all three of them together, and then Simon took a selfie of them all in one photo because he had the longest arms.

They spent the next half an hour chatting about the drama with the girl's dresses and how a whole group of girls that Sheila bullied were planning on turning up in red gowns that were floor length. Deena laughed at the image of Sheila's face being as red as her dress from how angry she was. A few more minutes passed by until they heard beeping outside.

"What's that?" Deena questioned as Kate and Simon stood up.

"Our ride" Kate smirked.

Deena was confused until she opened the door to reveal a limousine waiting for them.

"Really? A limo? There's only three of us" Deena said, rolling her eyes playfully.

"I refuse to show up to our last prom and not make a statement" Kate said poshly as she walked past Deena.