Chapter 1

At nine o'clock in the evening, it was raining heavily outside the window.

  A burst of lightning lit up the sky, accompanied by rumbles of thunder. The rain pounded mercilessly on the glass windows, making a panic-stricken sound.

  The indoor lights were on, and Gu Ji was sitting on the sofa, with a doctor in a white coat standing next to him. There was an open medicine box and scattered bandages on the coffee table.

  Hearing the sudden explosion of thunder, Gu Ji glanced at the window emotionlessly.

  The doctor also heard the rainstorm getting heavier and heavier, and sighed: "Mr. Gu, the autumn rain is cold to the bones. It has just begun to rain a few times. Your legs..."

  The doctor didn't pay attention and said it for a moment, and quickly shut up after he realized what he was saying.

  He didn't know how Mr. Gu's leg was injured. He only knew that he injured the bone in his early years and failed to heal it properly. Whenever it rained or was cloudy, he would feel intense pain. Most people would find it unbearable, but Mr. Gu never said a word.

  The doctor closed the medicine box and reminded as usual: "The medicine has been replaced. Don't catch cold again in the past few days, otherwise it will be even more uncomfortable in winter——"

  Suddenly, the cell phone on the coffee table rang rapidly.

  The doctor's words were interrupted, and he subconsciously glanced at the man sitting on the sofa.

  After a few seconds, Gu Ji took the phone and pressed the connect button.

  The room was very quiet, and the doctor clearly heard the voice coming from the other end of the phone, which was a cold and pleasant male voice.

  "It's raining, come pick me up... I was in a hurry and forgot to bring an umbrella..."

  The doctor was distracted for a moment. He had long heard that Mr. Gu had a homosexual lover, but he had never seen it before. He thought that this person should be Mr. Gu's lover, but...

  It was raining so heavily outside, and Mr. Gu's legs couldn't withstand the torment of the cold wind and rain. He couldn't go out, so he had no choice but to give in to Mr. Gu's lover and take a taxi back.

  Gu Ji responded calmly: "Qingran, where are you?"

  The doctor was shocked. Hearing what Mr. Gu meant, he couldn't help but stop him: "Mr. Gu——"

  "In front of the newly opened bar on Jinfeng Street. Bring me a coat by the way. It's a little cold. Hurry up." Lin Qingran spoke concisely and concisely. In addition to the patter of rain in the background, you could vaguely hear the cheerful jazz music coming from the opposite side. .

  Gu Ji said yes.

  The doctor's tone was serious: "Mr. Gu, your current physical condition is not suitable for going out. Don't take it seriously. If you catch the cold, you will have to sit in a wheelchair for the rest of your life."

  It's hard to say whether the disease will be caused by the cold and rainy weather. No doctor can watch his patient's body being ruined with his own eyes.

  "Thank you."

  Gu Ji's tone was polite, but he didn't have much emotion. He didn't listen to the doctor's words. He got up from the sofa and picked up the black coat beside him.

  When he stood up, Gu Ji's right leg was stiff and unnatural at the knee joint.

  The doctor knew that he could not persuade him, so he shook his head.