Chapter 123

She respected Grandma Yan and would never contradict her face to face no matter what she said.

  "Qingru, it's not that I want to say something to you." After Yan Congyu went upstairs and returned to the room, Grandma Yan said sternly: "You sit down and let the child stand. Do you want to have a good conversation?"

  Yan Hui did not interrupt, but nodded firmly to express his position.

  Xia Qingru frowned, not feeling that there was anything wrong with herself, "He made a mistake——"

  There was no emotion or anger in Grandma Yan's voice, and she seemed as gentle as ever. She interrupted, "He didn't make a mistake."

  "He just didn't do what you wanted."

  Xia Qingru closed her lips and tightened her face: "I did it for his own good. He will know it in the future."

  "You've been saying this since I was a child. Now he is twenty years old. How long will it be in the future?" Grandma Yan's tone was calm and indifferent. She understood Qing Ru's painstaking efforts, but she couldn't agree.

  "I've also been a mother, and what you do is not necessarily good for your children. You see, since I was a child, I always wanted to be a scientist. When I was in high school, I wanted to drop out of school and become a street singer. We were also worried at the time. Isn't it fine now?"

  "Besides, having too many people makes you worry-free, you are obedient and don't cause trouble, and your grades are good." Grandma Yan said in a kind voice, "It's too late for others to envy you."

  "Usually it's normal, but today is different. Doesn't he know how important today is? Isn't he deliberately going against me like this?" Xia Qingru was not only angry that Yan Congyu wasted her hard work, but also disappointed. The other party didn't know the importance of it, "He didn't say a word when he came back, and he acted like he hadn't seen me. I left him for a few years, and he has become like this now."

  "What kind of thing?" Grandma Yan straightened her back slightly and hit the ground with her crutches: "In the past few years, while you have been away, Yan Hui and I have taken care of Congyu. Have we made any mistakes?"

  "Mom, you know that's not what I meant."

  "Qingru, Congyu is also an adult, you should respect his opinion." Grandma Yan asked one question after another: "We invited so many people over today, who are Congyu's friends?"

  Xia Qingru said nothing.

  Grandma Yan also knew that she couldn't talk things through to the other party at once, and she also knew Qing Ru's temper, so she just said: "Let's forget about today's matter, and don't hold on to her anymore."

  "If you still care about Congyu, you should think about what he wants, not what you want."

  ...

  Yan Congyu didn't know what was said between Grandma Yan and Ms. Xia downstairs. He only knew that after that day, Ms. Xia didn't talk to him about it again, as if he had turned over the topic easily.

  In the next few days, Yan Congyu and Ms. Xia were at peace with each other, a rare moment of relaxation and calmness.

  At noon on New Year's Eve, Gu Ji and Lu Chi set off fireworks in the yard, and sent photos and videos of the fireworks to Yan Congyu.

  Yan Congyu clicked on it, enjoyed it for a few seconds, saved it, and replied: [Good-looking. 】

  [Gu Ji: It will be better when it gets dark. I will make a video call to you at night. 】