Chapter 35

Gu Ji didn't pay much attention, not worried that he would be recognized. Only his profile is shown in the painting, and the processing method of the painting is still different from that of the photos. People who know him may be able to recognize him, but people who don't know him will at most find it somewhat similar.

  Taking another two steps forward, Gu Ji suddenly saw a very familiar painting. Without thinking much, he asked: "...Did you hand in two paintings?"

  The work in front of me is the third one, a starry sky painting. The reason why Gu Ji looked familiar was that this painting was almost the same as the one Yan Congyu was painting when Gu Ji went to the studio last time.

  Gu Ji also copied the painting at that time, so he was deeply impressed by the painting.

  "This picture is not mine." He said the right thing.

  Gu Ji was stunned. Although the starry sky was not a rare element, the starry sky drawn by everyone could not be the same. In particular, Gu Ji was impressed by some of the colors on the painting, such as the pink planet in the upper right corner.

  When Gu Ji was imitating it, he wondered why pink was used, but he couldn't figure out the reason, so he followed the pattern and painted a pink circle.

  Gu Ji guessed: "Did you also copy it at that time?"

  If this painting and Yan Congyu's painting were both copied from the same painting, there might be such a high degree of similarity.

  Yan Congyu raised his head and looked at the painting on the wall. He was in a bad mood: "Do you think it looks like it too?"

  Gu Ji nodded, "70 to 80% similar -"

  Something suddenly occurred to him. He remembered that Yan Congyu painted it on the spot and did not copy other works. He asked tentatively: "... your painting was stolen?"

  "The painting was not stolen." Yan Congyu said, "But this one... does look very similar."

  Gu Ji took Yan Congyu's wrist and said, "Change the place, don't say it here."

  ...

  In the coffee shop, Gu Ji listened to Yan Congyu and finished telling what happened.

  The matter was actually not complicated. After Yan Congyu finished painting the starry sky, he took the time to frame both his and Gu Ji's paintings and took them home.

  But the painting remained in the studio until it was framed.

  At that time, this starry sky painting was only drawn out of inspiration. Yan Congyu had no intention of using it to participate in competitions. He did not keep it secret and did not care whether it would be seen.

  It wasn't until after the results of the competition came out that Yan Congyu connected it with his own painting when he saw the third place work.

  @ infinite good writing, all in Jinjiang Literature City

  The similarity between the two paintings is very high, to the extent that Gu Ji will feel familiar when he looks at it after such a long time. As the person who painted this painting, Yan Congyu recognized it at first sight.

  He looked at it for a long time, but there was nothing he could do.

  The problem is that Yan Congyu cannot prove that his painting precedes the one in the competition. Any identification without evidence will only be judged as a frame-up by the organizing committee and may result in the cancellation of the competition.