Chapter 38

"And Xiao Gu, I think your idea this time is very strange." He said: "There is no need for friends to be restricted by gender, let alone sexual orientation."

  Gu Ji was stunned for a moment, feeling that these words suddenly awakened him as to why he felt entangled because Yan Congyu's sexual orientation was different from what he imagined.

  Seeing Gu Ji's contradiction, Xu Jingyin asked again: "If one day, Chengzi or I tell you that we actually like boys, will you draw a clear line with us?"

  Gu Ji shook his head without much hesitation, "No."

  "It's even weirder." Xu Jingyin leaned on the chair, "Do you care about that friend?"

  Gu Ji still nodded.

  "Let me take a guess." Xu Jingyin said, "Is it because you keep your promise?"

  Gu Ji's eyes widened, "How come you know everything?"

  Xu Jingyin felt that this was not difficult to guess, after all, Xiao Gu had a new friend around him during this period.

  "Yu Shen also likes boys?" After receiving the confirmation, he couldn't believe it, "I can't tell."

  Gu Ji sighed slightly, "You must be shocked too."

  "A little bit."

  Xu Jingyin stood up and patted Gu Ji's shoulder, helping him relax, "Xiao Gu, I still think you are overthinking. Friends can get along with each other how they want to, and don't think about anything else."

  Gu Ji didn't speak for a while.

  Xu Jingyin thought of another possibility, lowered his head and said, "...are you worried about losing your friend Yan Congyu?"

  He paused for a moment, then nodded heavily, finally knowing what he was frustrated about, "Jing Yin, you understand me."

  Xu Jingyin did not think about this at first because he felt that Xiao Gu and Yan Congyu had not known each other for a long time. Although they were friends, their relationship should not be too deep.

  Gu Ji held his head and asked in a low mood: "If Xiaoyan falls in love in the future, will he not be able to be my friend?"

  "...I don't think so." Xu Jingyin subconsciously felt that Xiao Gu's thoughts seemed to exceed the possessiveness among friends, but he couldn't explain why.

  Gu Ji was confused again, "Then if I become friends with him, will it affect his finding a partner?"

  Xu Jingyin: "..."

  He couldn't understand Gu Ji's thoughts at first, "I don't think so. There should be no contradiction between lovers and friends."

  After hearing what Xu Jingyin said, Gu Ji finally felt relieved, "...I understand."

  "Friends also need to be maintained." Xu Jingyin reminded: "We are usually in the dormitory and we are very close. You may not have a strong experience of this."

  "But you and Yan Congyu are different. If you want to become a better friend with him, you need to spend time and energy to maintain it and let the other person know that you care about him. The relationship is mutual, and you care about him. If you are good, he will be good to you."

  Gu Ji said: "I will, Xiaoyan is very good to me."

  "It just so happens that at the end of this month we are going to go hiking in autumn." Xu Jingyin handed him the mobile phone on the table and suggested: "Ask your new friends if they want to come with us?"