Chapter 54

Gu Ji asked: "Don't you live here now?"

Yan Congyu nodded, "This is my uncle's house. Come over and clean it this time."

Gu Ji asked smoothly: "What about your brother-in-law?"

Yan Congyu said: "He can't stay anymore. He left after I graduated."

"..."

Gu Ji's expression froze for a moment, "...leave?"

Yan Congyu curled his lower lip and said, "Going abroad."

Gu Ji raised his eyebrows when he heard this, "Did you do it on purpose?"

Yan Congyu smiled and said, "No."

There are weeds growing beside the wall at the gate, and it looks like few people pass by. Gu Ji asked again: "Why are you standing outside?"

"I'm leaving after packing up." Yan Congyu looked at Gu Ji and asked, "What about you, why are you here?"

"I'm going home today." Gu Ji said, "Go out and buy something."

What was on his mind, "Have you eaten?"

Yan Congyu shook his head, "I'll go back to school later."

Gu Ji pulled up and obeyed, "I met Yudu, come to my house to eat."

Yan Congyuben subconsciously wanted to refuse a few words, but Gu Ji simply said, "I just have something to show you," leaving him with nothing to say.

"Let me go get something." Yan Congyu still remembered that he wanted to bring study notes to Gu Ji's younger brother, and now he was on his way.

When you open the courtyard door, you will see a clean and empty courtyard. After entering the house, the furniture has been covered with dust-proof cloth, and it looks like it has been uninhabited for a long time.

Yan Congyu directly took the key and opened the southernmost room. The furnishings in the room were very simple. In addition to the basic furniture, there was a drawing board covered with canvas next to the window.

Apart from that, there were no signs of habitation in the entire room.

"I'll look for it." Yan Congyu said to Gu Ji, "Sit anywhere you want."

There are not many places to sit in the room, except for the stool next to the bed and in front of the drawing board.

Gu Ji stepped towards the stool.

When Yan Congyu saw it, his heartbeat stagnated. He obviously wanted to speak but stopped, and finally said nothing.

He wanted to find all the notes as soon as possible, but the more anxious he became, the more confused he became. He couldn't find a missing math competition notebook.

Out of the corner of his eye, Yan Congyu saw Gu Ji reaching out and lifting the cover of the drawing board.

"Gu Ji——"

Yan Congyu hurriedly interrupted, noticing that he was trying to hide something, and then said in a gentle voice: "I remember that the stool is not very strong. You can sit on the bed."

Gu Ji said nothing, "Okay."

Yan Congyu quickly glanced at the drawing board by the window, feeling annoyed for a moment.

He found the remaining notes and said, "That's it. Let's go."

Coming out of the yard, Yan Congyu locked the door and deliberately slowed down the movements of his hands. He inadvertently mentioned, "The drawing board just now——"