Chapter 73

Yan observed Gu Ji's expression out of the corner of his eye, nervous whether he would like this painting. He was very confused about this painting. He originally considered adding clothes, but it would go against the rules no matter what.

  But because of the beauty of the boy in the picture, even if nothing is revealed, it still makes people think.

  Gu Ji kept lifting the canvas and said nothing for a long time.

  @ infinite good writing, all in Jinjiang Literature City

  Yan Congyu became even more nervous.

  After a while, Gu Ji finally came out of the picture and asked, "...is this me?"

  Yan Congyu's palms were so hot that he said, "Yes."

  "It looks good, I like it very much." Gu Ji tilted his head and looked at him, "How long have you been painting?"

  Regardless of its large size or level of detail, this painting cannot be completed in just a few days.

  Yan Congyu couldn't remember clearly. He squeezed Gu Ji's hand and said, "It seems to have been last month."

  This painting was too big to take to school to paint, so Yan Congyu often took time to come to the apartment to paint.

  Yan Congyu had planned to give him this gift for a long time.

  It's just that he didn't expect that Gu Ji's birthday would come early. At that time, the painting progress was not very slow, and he calculated that he would be able to finish it almost next month.

  But just in the past two weeks, Gu Ji always ignored him. He was more leisurely and painted more. Coupled with the fact that I stayed up late every day to draw in the past few days, I was able to complete it successfully.

  "Last month...you already knew about my birthday?" Gu Ji remembered that he only told Yan Congyu about my birthday this week.

  He remembered it clearly, saying it in the cafeteria.

  Yan Congyu realized that he had accidentally let something slip and was speechless for a moment.

  Gu Ji asked with a joking smile in his voice: "When?"

  "..." Yan Congyu pursed his lips, "High school."

  "In the office, I saw the form you filled out, and it had your birthday on it."

  "High school..." Gu Ji paused, "Didn't you think of coming over to look for me at that time?"

  If he knew Yan Congyu in high school—if he knew Yan Congyu earlier than he knew Lin Qingran—

  Then those "bad" things in the past life may not happen.

  "It happened in the beginning." Yan Congyu said, "But then you..."

  He didn't say the second half of the sentence, but both of them knew it well, so they said it so as not to affect the atmosphere.

  Later, Gu Ji fell in love, and Yan Congyu was lost for a long time. I originally wanted to force myself to give up, but I really couldn't do it. After that, I watched Gu Ji from a distance.

  It wasn't until one day during this semester that he heard Lin Qingran talking in the studio. The content of the chat seemed to be that he and Gu Ji had an emotional conflict, so he had the courage to go to the same party that night.

  So he finally connected with Gu Ji, and things happened that he never dared to dream about.

  "Actually -" Gu Ji raised his hand and clicked, and his fingertips fell on the white skin of the boy in the painting, as if the color of his finger blended into one, "I have a mole here."