Chapter 102

He snatched the paper away, unconsciously pinched the folds of the paper with force, and said with a tight lip line, "...listen to the lecture carefully."

  Yan Congyu sat next to Gu Ji, so close that he caught a glimpse of the red tips of his ears from the corner of his eye, and a smile appeared in his eyes unconsciously.

  Gu Ji crumpled the piece of paper into a ball, and after a moment of hesitation, he stuffed it into his pocket.

  "..."

  Yan Congyu held Gu Ji's hand from under the table, and suddenly felt that the class was not going well. He touched it twice like a treasure and planned to let go.

  He had never said a word before, but Gu Ji sensed his intention and held his hand, "If you want to hold it, hold it."

  ...

  The morning class is finally over.

  Gu Ji said hello to his roommates and left first. He and Yan Congyu went out to eat alone.

  "There's a new hot pot restaurant opened in the back street of the school." Gu Ji put his arm around Yan Cong's shoulders, "Want to try it?"

  "Yes." Yan Congyu nodded in agreement, took Gu Ji's hand off his shoulder, and then took his hand, interlocking their fingers with a rare force.

  It was obvious that Gu Ji still retained the habit of getting along with friends before, always holding hands like good brothers.

  Although Yan Congyu didn't mind being put on the shoulder, he still wanted to correct the difference between Gu Ji and Gu Ji.

  ——He is not a good friend, but a boyfriend.

  The newly opened hot pot restaurant is not far from the school, just walk there. There were many people coming in and out of the school gate at noon, so Gu Ji and Yan Congyu waited for a while before going out.

  "I don't have classes in the afternoon, so I'm not in a hurry." Gu Ji didn't notice Yan Congyu's little thought, and asked with a smile: "What about you?"

  "Neither -" Before he could finish his words, Yan Congyu's voice stopped abruptly, as if he was suddenly interrupted for some reason.

  Gu Ji looked at him doubtfully.

  Yan Congyu's eyes fell on a low-key black car on the side of the road ahead. An imperceptible irritation flashed across his brows, and he slowly let go of Gu Ji's hand.

  "Sorry..." Yan Congyu forced a smile and whispered, "I may not be able to have dinner with you at noon."

  "...My mother is here."

  Yan Congyu did not receive any news that she had returned to China, but the other party was already waiting at the school gate.

  Yan Hui said that he would tell him in advance when he knew she came back, but now he has not received any news from his uncle, which means that the other party came directly as soon as he came back.

  Gu Ji followed Yan Congyu's gaze and looked over. The window of the black car slowly rolled down, revealing half of a woman's side face wearing sunglasses and mature red lips. She turned her head and looked outside. .

  Immediately, Gu Ji noticed that Xiaoyan's body stiffened for a moment.

  Xiaoyan had told him about family and mother before. Although many things were mentioned in a few words, Gu Ji could roughly guess some.