Chapter 9

If you look carefully, you can see that Gu Ji is studying Yan Congyu's paintings.

  Yan Congyu didn't notice it at first, until he saw a sudden lump of pink paint in the upper right corner of the other party's paper, which gave him a sense of familiarity, and he hesitated to compare it with his own painting.

  ...Is this how he painted it?

  Gu Ji felt that his painting was pretty good.

  Because this painting itself is a landscape type, if it is a portrait or object, a layman can also tell whether the painting is ugly or not, but for such a vague artistic conception, it is not so easy to distinguish.

  Yan Congyu pulled back his gaze, picked up the brush and added a stroke on his drawing board.

  Time passed slowly, and Gu Ji's low-end and rough version of the painting was soon released. Yan Congyu was almost finished, and now he had to finish the final touches.

  Gu Ji put down his brush and said, "It's not bad."

  Yan Congyu looked over and paused for a few seconds. It was hard to comment on the artistic aspect, but from his personal perspective, the painting was extremely beautiful.

  "It's very cute. It's my first time to draw like this. I'm very talented." Yan Congyu said, "Do you want to save it? I'll help you put it in the frame."

  "...Forget it, just take it and throw it away later."

  Gu Ji is still self-aware. He is just painting for fun, and has no significance in collecting. The frame may be worth more than the painting.

  But it was his first work after all, so Gu Ji took out his cell phone and took a few photos as a souvenir.

  Yan Congyu's eyes flashed slightly, "Then let's put this aside first."

  Gu Ji responded and saw the work that Yan Congyu was about to complete. Even a layman who knew nothing about it could feel it was amazing.

  By the end of his previous life, Lin Qingran was already the most famous artist in Rongcheng. But Gu Ji felt that Yan Congyu painted better now than Lin Qingran ten years later, and he would definitely be even better in the future.

  It's a pity that he didn't know what Yan Congyu was doing in his previous life.

  Yan Congyu asked: "Can you do me a favor?"

  Gu Ji was confused: "You said it."

  "There is one last stroke left." Yan Congyu handed over the brush in his hand, "Can you help me complete it?"

  Although Gu Ji didn't understand much, just one stroke of paint shouldn't ruin the painting, so he eagerly took it and asked, "Where should I add it?"

  When handing over the brush, Yan Congyu's hand was accidentally brushed by Gu Ji's fingertips. A slight heat spread along his fingers, making his heartbeat seem to stop for a moment.

  Yan Congyu calmed down and pointed to the bottom of the paper, "Here, just click."

  Gu Ji studied it and made a mark on it.

  The importance of highlight to a painting can be said to be the finishing touch. Many people don't know how to draw, they just don't know where to put the highlight.

  In this painting, after adding the last stroke of light white, it seems that the light and shadow have also changed, adding a layer of fuzzy soul.