Who are you hiding?

Katie was usually a loud and high energy person. So when she came in the day after breaking up with Ruesha and was very quiet and reserved all day at practice her teammates knew something was wrong. But they also knew despite usually always running her mouth, Katie didn't like talking about her feelings to just anyone. So they gave her the day to be to herself, maybe just having an off day. But when her sad demeanor continued for the next day or two she was finally confronted at lunch by some of her teammates and it was revealed that her relationship was over. Everyone was shocked. Well everyone except Caitlin, because of course Caitlin knew already, she knew everything about Katie.
The girls gave her space at practice, but all promised to be there if she wanted to talk. Over the course of a few weeks, Katie's smile started to return. She finally had some of her personality back and wasn't noticeably getting lost in her own thoughts throughout the day anymore.

But then they noticed that almost over night Katie was completely herself again. High energy, big smile, loud laughs.
The first time Katie got called out for this change in attitude was when Beth was staring at her during a team lunch one time and noticed that Katie would look at her phone and start smiling and blushing. What she didn't notice was that Caitlin was on her phone too just on the other end of the room.
"McCabe!" She screamed out gaining everyone in the rooms attention.
"Meadooo" Katie returned back quickly locking her phone and putting it in her pocket, "can I help you?"
"You have a new girl."
Most girls had turned their attention else where after the initial exclaim, but as soon as Beth screamed out her discovery everyone's heads turned towards Katie instantly. Luckily Caitlin was in the back of the room so no one noticed how big her eyes got.
"What? Why would you say that?"
"Because you're blushing every time a text comes up."
"No I'm not."
"Okay then prove it who were you texting"
"I was texting my siblings Beth" Katie responded clearly getting a little uncomfortable as her cheeks were getting heated.
Luckily for her Viv stepped in before Beth could push further, whispering to Beth to drop it, in which Beth responded with a shrug and went back to eating. Katie gave Viv a nod of thanks and carried on with her meal. Making sure to leave her phone in her pocket as Caitlin did her best to start up a conversation with Steph to try and distract herself from the event.

The next time Katie got called out was when she returned from her Ibiza trip and some of the team had gotten together for a dinner.
"Well you're glowing McCabe. And I don't think it's just your tan." Vic said pointing out how refreshed Katie looked.
"Did you hook up with someone there?! McCabe is back in the game!" Teyah yelled out.
Katie and Caitlin had in fact gotten together for the first time in Ibiza and had officially started dating so of course she was buzzing upon return from vacation, but she didn't want to tell anyone yet.
But Katie's lack of response only spurred on the group as they quickly opened Instagram and found pictures of the group she was with looking through all of the girls and finding the single ones.
"Was it her?!" "Was it someone from a club?" "Does she live in England?" "Wait Caitlin you were there do you know who?"

The questions were too much and Katie couldn't handle it especially after they dragged Caitlin into it.
"Just drop it please if I wanted to talk about it right now I would."
All of the girls silently were happy that they were right and she had been with someone which was clear by Katie's lack of denial, but they remained quiet per Katie's wishes and seeing how stressed it made her.

The discovery of the couple finally came after the World Cup in Germany at their preseason camp. Obviously everyone had seen the drama with Ruesha Caitlin and Katie, but no one knew what to believe. It led to a discussion at dinner between a few of the girls. Trying to figure out what had happened. But neither Caitlin or Katie were present to confirm the situation with. Which led a few of the girls on a hunt to go find them. Teyah checked both of their rooms and discovered that they weren't there. Vic and Beth headed outside to the pool area and didn't find them, but kept walking towards the garden area and saw the girls from a distance. Both would have been undiscovered since this was somewhat of a hidden spot that no one really went to. They could see Katie curled into Caitlin's side and Caitlin kissed her forehead as they watched the sun set. In turn Katie leaned up and gave Caitlin a quick peck on the lips.
"You little liars!" Beth finally yelled out
Which made the couple quickly jump up from their spot.
"Has Caitlin been the mystery girl this whole time?!" Vic added in.
Katie nodded in return as she turned toward Caitlin to see if she was okay with the admission.
"Yeah we just weren't ready to share it with anyone." Caitlin said reaching out to grab Katie's waist.
"Yous are cute together" Vic said in her Dutch accent "I don't know how we didn't figure it out. Always stuck at each others hips"
"Guess the cats out of the bag now. Meado can't keep a secret" Katie said
"What! Yes I can!"
"You 100% already texted Viv. No you can't."
Beth turned red because she in fact had already texted Viv.
"Okay fine. You're right, but I agree you are a cute couple so you should stop hiding it. I'm just here to help you out."
"Yeah okay maybe you're right. We are cute" Katie said smiling and squeezing Caitlin right back.