Olympics

Grace watched Katie pace back and forth for five minutes straight while they were waiting for their bags after Just having arrived in marseille.
"Katie you're stressing me out just sit down the bags will be here in a minute."
"Err sorry. I'm just anxious to see her. I miss her." Katie shyly admitted.
"You'll see her shortly Kates but pacing is only going to annoy me and not get you to Caitlin any faster" grace joked back at her friend.
Katie nodded and took a seat even though her leg still bounced up and down but finally she saw their bags and grabbed them as quickly as she could to go grab a taxi.
They wouldn't be able to hang out much with Caitlin, but there was a few minutes they would be able to meet up with her before she had to go to a training session. Pulling up to the hotel, Katie immediately spotted Caitlin waiting right inside the front doors to the lobby. As soon as the car stopped Katie jumped out and sprinted to Caitlin who came out of the hotel with equal quickness and they met in the middle while joining into a huge hug and Katie picking her up and spinning her around. Grace would have found it adorable if it wasn't for the fact she was left to pay the taxi and collect all the bags. But she knew better than to interrupt them right now, so after saying a quick hello and greeting hug to Caitlin she disappeared into the hotel with the excuse of going to check them in. Grace didn't miss the fact that they both disappeared for a second from the front of the hotel most likely to some more hidden area to give each other a proper kiss and not risk being photographed.
Grace texted Katie the room number and left the love birds alone. About 15 minutes later Katie came back, nervousness and anxiety gone, instead replaced with a big goofy smile.
"Happier now?"
"Much. Thanks for taking care of everything. I'll owe you a couple drinks tonight. Speaking of which wanna go grab some food and drinks?"
"Thought you'd never ask." Grace said back with a smile.

The girls toured the town and enjoyed their time walking around the city for the rest of the night. Grace knew it was killing Katie not being able to be with Caitlin even though they were in the same city, but she was 100% happier just having gotten to see her for a few minutes earlier. The next morning Katie and Grace grabbed a quick breakfast before returning to cheer on the girls in their departure from the hotel. Caitlin came over to her fan section straight away first hugging her mum and then some family friends before turning to Katie and pulling her into a huge hug.
"Can we take a quick photo?" Caitlin asked
"Of course my love" Katie replied and tossed Grace her phone. After a few good pics, Katie asked to take one more. As soon as Grace started to take the photo Katie turned her head and kissed Caitlin's cheek quickly bring a blush to Caitlin's face. Caitlin wasn't huge on pda so Katie removed her lips as soon as she put them there, but Caitlin couldn't hide her smile and if her mum and everyone else's family wasn't right there she would have grabbed Katie and gave her a real kiss, making last as long as possible. But she knew she needed to think about the game against Germany and not Katie's lips right now.
"I love you" Caitlin whispered back
"I love you more go kick ass" Katie said back having to physically restrain herself from slapping Caitlin's ass as she said so.
Caitlin waved bye to her mum one more time not missing the knowing look she was getting from her mother that was choosing to ignore.

Katie and Grace then joined the rest of Caitlin's support team to walk around the city a bit more and grab some drinks before the game. They took a lot of pictures together with big cutouts of Caitlin's head which brought a lot of laughter to the group. Entering the stadium Katie immediately felt the rush of excitement in the air. She fully embraced being an Aussie fan as she sported a Caitlin Foord jersey and her famous Foord friendship bracelet.
She watched on with beaming pride as the starting 11 walked out and Caitlin was walking out with such confidence.
The first half was tight. Ending in Germany up 1-0. Katie felt that Germany had the advantage but it was one of those games where if Australia could sneak in a goal the tides would turn. But unfortunately the second half did not go that way. In fact it led to two more German goals and the Aussies never really getting a foothold in the game. Katie felt terrible for Caitlin. She could see the disappointment in her face as she got subbed off at the 77' mark. She wanted to hug her but she knew she couldn't yet. Since qualifying for the Olympics her and Caitlin had talked about this moment many times. Mostly late night talks curled up in each others arms. She knew how much this tournament meant to Caitlin how much she wanted to prove herself, how much Australia deserved a medal. And for a disappointing loss like this to occur right from the beginning Katie's heart ached just thinking about it.
Katie and Grace waited by the barrier for Caitlin to make her rounds over to them.  Caitlin tried to keep a neutral face as fans shouted her name, but Katie could see right past that.
Katie extended her arms out and Caitlin immediately fell into them allowing herself a moment to be comforted. Katie could feel Caitlin let out a sigh against her shoulder and hugged her tighter in response.
"I'm proud of you no matter what Cait. One game isn't the end of this for you guys, you'll fight back."
Caitlin didn't want to answer right now afraid of what she would say so instead just nodded. She took one more deep breath before turning on her mask again to take a few pictures with fans.
Later that night Katie snuck to the players floor and quietly knocked on Caitlin's door. She knew she wasn't supposed to be there, but oh well.
Caitlin opened the door and her face immediately filled with relief as she grabbed Katie and pulled her into a hug. Katie knew she couldn't stay long but Caitlin needed her. They sat on the bed and leaned against the headboard as Katie had her arm around Caitlin and pulled her into her chest. They didn't say much but Caitlin needed the comfort more than anything and Katie was more than happy to supply it. After a little while and seeing how tired Caitlin was Katie gave her a loving kiss and one more tight squeeze before headed out to her own room.
"Remember you're always my superstar. You guys will be okay Cait. Goodnight my love"
Caitlin responded with one more kiss to Katie's lips before letting her leave for the night. She may still be upset, but those 20 minutes of comfort didn't wonders for her and she'd be forever grateful for Katie.