The Girls in Green Camp

Caitlin had joined Katie on one of her trips to Ireland while the Irish team had a a few practices before their euro playoff games. The Aussies had taken a little time off after going very far in the Olympic tournament. Caitlin was initially expecting to be staying at Katie's parents house, but Katie informed her she was able to bend the rules a little bit to get her to stay with her.
Caitlin was initially hesitant especially after a Katie had previously joked that she'd need a bodyguard if she ever went to the Irish camp.
"Don't worry babe we will spend the first day with my family and then go to camp. So you're only going to be there two days.  One of them is pretty much a free day as every one will be arriving so it'll probably just be me you Anna and grace hanging out. The second day we have a practice but only two hours. I can get somebody my siblings to keep you company if you'd like. And then me and you can just go do our own thing."
That plan calmed Caitlin down a bit as she nodded in agreement.
Being that they had been dating over a year, Caitlin felt very comfortable with Katie's family now so the first day there she had a great time. Early the next morning the two girls got up to head to the Irish camp which was only about 30 min away. Immediately Caitlin could feel her anxiety start to rise but tried to keep it together for Katie. She didn't need her insecurities distracting her girlfriend, she was the captain after all.
But despite Caitlin thinking she was hiding it really well, she was no actress, and Katie knew her better than anyone. To try and comfort her, Katie started telling a story.
"Remember when we were at your camp and I was really nervous I was especially when we were at dinner the first night? Well you didn't know that 10 minutes before dinner I was in the bathroom giving myself a pep talk that I could handle all the staring eyes, that in that moment I was just your girlfriend not member of the Irish team in an Australian camp. I mean I know it's not every day we go to another countries national camp. Almost unheard of right? But just because we both play for a different countries doesn't mean we don't have the same rights as every other couple right? Im going to be there with you the whole time just like you were for me at your camp okay?" Katie said kissing her Caitlin's hand as they continued to drive. Caitlin could feel the tension immediately being released.
"Would have paid to hear that pep talk of yours" Caitlin replied laughing, clearly back to her normal self.

The plan was as Katie said, most people arrived at different times throughout the day and they were mostly around Anna and Grace as well as Denise throughout the day. Caitlin had actually felt pretty comfortable for most of the day especially with the people she knew well. Lunch went well since not everyone was there yet, it was very lowkey and Katie smiled to herself at how well Caitlin was getting along with the group.
The group they had been hanging with decided to go for a walk around and to grab an afternoon coffee. All was going well, Caitlin was enjoying the sites which Katie was more than happy to point out, until they both paused when they heard a laugh they both recognized immediately. Just ahead of them came another group of Irish players walking towards them and of course Ruesha was there. Katie immediately grabbed Caitlin's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze and a little smile. A little reminder to their previous talk this morning that she was never leaving her alone.

Ruesha had noticed them a few seconds later and her face immediately dropped. As they were now close enough to the other group most of the girls were saying hello to one another but Ruesha was giving them a death stare.
"Get dropped from your own team Foord?"
Caitlin was going to answer, but katie immediately jumped in.
"Not this time Ruesha. She's here with me for two days. Just mind your business and we will mind ours."
Ruesha wanted to respond. She'd never thought twice about what she's said before but with so many of their teammates around even Ruesha chose the right decision, rolled her eyes, and walked off.
"I'm sorry Cait"
"It's okay that wasn't that bad. Better than what she said to me at the World Cup at least."
"Ugh I'm sorry about that too"
"It's okay Kates. I'm okay" Caitlin said giving her a reassuring smile.
The rest of the day went off without a hitch and they went to bed happy that night that only one small mishap happened.
The next day Katie and Caitlin ate breakfast with the team and even though they could feel a pair of eyes burning into them there were no issues. As the team went to practice, Caitlin met up with Katie's youngest sister Lauryn, who had basically begged Katie to be the one to keep Caitlin company while she was at practice. Obviously Lauryn looked up to Katie more than anyone but she was dating another pretty famous football player and that was pretty cool in its own right.
Lauryn showed Caitlin her favorite spots and told her a bunch of embarrassing stories about Katie from their childhood as any little sister would. They even got their own small practice session in between the two of them.
When Lauryn dropped Caitlin back off at the hotel, Caitlin thanked her for the day and headed out, but she didn't see Ruesha standing around the corner.
Lauryn was about to drop off before she heard Ruesha yell, "ya lost Foord?!"
She looked heated and mad as she walked towards Caitlin. Lauryn looked around but didn't see Katie anywhere, so she stopped her car and got out just as Ruesha started to yell more at Caitlin.
"Ruesha stop!"
"Lauryn? What are you doing here?"
"I spent the day with Caitlin."
"You're going to take her side? Come on I've known you since you were like 5."
"Yeah you have, but Caitlin is cool and it's been over a year get over it! They are so happy together nothing you do now is going to change that just let them be."
"Well you're not five anymore are you? Big personality just like your sister looks like." Ruesha said in an annoyed tone.
"That's right she does" Katie said coming out of no where putting her arm over her little sisters shoulder and grabbing Caitlin's hand.
Ruesha got the hint and decided to fight her battle another day. "Be happy the kid was here for you Foord."

Katie kissed her sisters forehead before turning to make sure Caitlin was okay.
Caitlin kissed her cheek to reassure her she was okay again.
"I told ya I'd get ya a body guard. Didn't I?" Katie said nodding to her little sister. "She's a little scrawny but she got that McCabe toughness in her" Katie said elbowing Lauryn who pushed her back in some fun sibling banter.
"Best bodyguard ever" Caitlin joked back grabbing both sisters into a hug.