When Darkness Turns To Light, It Ends Tonight.

~Priscilla~

Today is the day! My best friend is getting married to the love of her life. She looked absolutely beautiful today and I was amazed that she asked me to be her Maid of Honor along with Damon to be a 'bridesmale' as Jayme put it. She was never one to associate herself closely with girls, she didn't trust them very much and had a very low tolerance for their dramatic bullshit. I, along with Damon and his friends, took her up to Big Bear for the weekend last weekend to just relax and have some fun. She enjoyed it; being in the woods and the change of scenery. I was glad that going up there gave her some time to just relax and not worry so much about how the wedding was gonna go.

The venue looked beautiful as well with bright pops of orange colored tulips and light pink bows on the ends of the rows of seats. It amazed me that she planned this all herself. Well, other than Mike picking the flowers and cake. He did a pretty good job with handling Jayme's stubborn perfectionist ways during this whole time along with her occasional outbursts of rage and sadness leading up to today.

Right now, she wanted to be alone. She wanted to have time to herself so she could collect herself and not be distracted by the amounts of useless compliments and oohing and grabby hands from people. She never liked being the center of attention nor being pawed over so we all respected her decision to be left alone until the time came for her to walk down the aisle.

I sat by the bar with Damon and his friends Edwin, Matt, Nick, Cyr, Kate and a few others I hadn't quite learned the names of. Tony, Jaime and Vic were with Mike trying to keep him calm and I wasn't allowed in the room so I was forced to stay out here.

~Jaime~

"Mike, Chill out! It's fine!" Vic growled as Mike, for the upteenth time, adjusted his tie. He was nervous, it was written all over his face that he was slowly losing it. We still had a about an hour and a half until he had to be at the altar and this would be the most aggravating hour and a half of our lives if Mike kept up this nervous fidgeting.

"No, everything has to be perfect." He mumbled and we all sighed. He was probably freaking out more than his soon to be wife was.

"Mike, just sit down. Everything is perfect. Your fiance has done an amazing job and it's all amazing. Don't worry about any of it." Tony reasoned and Mike just nodded, apprehension clear on his features.

I sat down and rubbed my face boredly. Vic was forcing us to stay in here with him and his brother so we could keep him calm enough to not drink himself into stupidity.
It was gonna be tough not to just bolt out and socialize with everyone that we could hear outside.

~Tony~

We were stuck inside a fairly small dressing room with Mike. By we I mean Jaime and I. Vic was making us stay for 'moral support' He didn't want to be alone with Mike and didn't want to leave Mike alone to do god knows what. I think Vic expected the worst to happen like Mike ending up too drunk to say his vows or even leave the room. I doubted that would happen though. This is one of the most important days of his life, I really don't think he would fuck it up by getting drunk. Then again, I've been wrong before.

"Please, just stay here with me." Vic begged again when I wanted to leave and go see my girl friend and just mingle with people.

"Fine but I'm not gonna stay in here for the whole two hours, that'd be insane. I'd go insane!" I whispered so Mike wouldn't know that we were being forced to stay here. He would flip if he knew his own brother thought he was gonna screw up if we left him alone.

Vic nodded. "Just stay for another forty five minutes and then you guys can leave." Jaime and I both nodded.

The time went quickly and we bid a nervous Mike good luck and Vic a goodbye and left the room.

~Vic~

Tony and Jaime had left to go talk to all of the friends and family outside while I stayed in the room for a little while with Mike until it was time.

I knew I probably could have let Mike be by himself but I was an over-worrier and I would never leave him to his own devices. I would stay in here until fifteen minutes before then I would have Priscilla check on Jayme and I would make sure everyone was in place.

I knew Mike would be fine if I left right now because he was just nervous. This was the first time he would be committing to something for life. I want to be here for him like he would be for me in this situation. So far, He's doing better than I think I would if I were getting married in a half hour.

"What if she leaves me at the altar?" Mike looked over at me with a sad expression. I mentally frowned at him for even thinking she would do that to him.

"She would never do that to you, Mike. Jayme loves you." I said hopeful to comfort him. He just looked away with a nod.

"If you want, we can go out in a little bit and see everyone before Jayme comes out." I said trying to make his uneasy mind calm down.

He nodded with a slight smile and I began counting down the minutes until we left this room.

I took a deep breath and put on a fake smile for him. I couldn't ruin his big day over my unrequited emotions for Jayme. They would soon be happy together and I could do nothing about it.