Chapter Seventeen

One week is reasonable, a day for everything I've done to hurt her But two? I gently knock on the door of their house.

"Come in," Ian whispers. "She could really use your company." He leads me towards the bathroom where she knelt on the floor throwing up in the toilet. "Want some water?" He runs his hands over her back.

"Please," she gives him a smile before leaning forewords again to throw up. I walked over and grabbed her hair holding it back and out of her face.

"Are you ok?" I kiss her cheek while running my hands over her back.

"I think," she takes a deep breath before standing up and flushing the toilet. "Thanks," she smiles weekly while trying to slip past me.

"What happened?" I walk towards her as she sits on her bed.

"I'm sick," she pouts, I pout back. Walking towards her to give her a hug in attempt to make her feel better.

"Er can I?" I cough awkwardly. She smiles at the floor and wraps her arms around me. Her head found my chest and she smiles and closes her eyes relaxing in my embrace.

"Reese," Ian walks in. "Here's your water," he smiles slightly handing her the glass. She pulls away from me to thank him before walking towards her bed and laying herself down cuddling into the sheets.

"Are you tired princess?" I walk towards her sitting on the edge of her bed.

"I haven't slept much," she shrugs yawning. "Will you come cuddle with me," she pouts as she did when we were dating.

"Ok," I smile like an idiot as I slowly crawl over and behind her. She shifts a bit but finally finds comfort next to me.

"I like this," she whispers. "I like you a lot," she kisses underneath my jaw. I swallow loudly and she moves away. "I'm sorry. I just," she turns away and hides herself in her pillows.

"It's ok Reese. I really like you too," I smile twirling her hair in my fingers. I open my mouth wanting so badly to confess my love but I don't as I don't yet think she is ready for so much from me. In this twisted backwards relationship we've developed.