Chapter Thirty Four

"Reese," Ian smiles at me. "Wanna go out tonight? Do something other than sit in this house?" He pouts slightly.

"I'm good right here," I respond simply. 

"You're depressed though," he sighs coming next to me. "It's either we go out, or I invite Shawn over." He crosses his arms.

"Don't invite Shawn over," I shake my head. "He doesn't want anything to do with me," I sniff playing with the ring he gave me.

"He'll be here in a week," he shrugs. "You know he's not gonna miss your birthday," he shakes his head.

"I know I just don't want him to feel like he has to come." I shrug. "Honestly in a way I don't even want him to come," I sniff again feeling tears burn in my eyes.

"Let's go out, we'll go to dinner, we'll go baby shopping, we'll do something." He pleads.

"I don't want to," I shrug. "I just wanna sit here and prepare for the arrival of my baby,"

"Your baby is coming in May," he crosses his arms. "It's December,"

"So, there's a lot to do," I cross my arms.

"You're just being depressed." He crosses his arms.

"And I have a reason to be," I pout and huff. "My boyfriend dumped me," I huff again.

"I know babe but you need to get out of the house, get some exercise. You want your baby to be as healthy as possible don't you?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Yeah," I sigh hopping off of the chair. "What are we doing?" I sigh.

"Wanna go swimming?" He teases.

"No thank you," I shake my head. "I've got so many stretch marks."

"Yeah and Shawn would probably kill me for letting you go out in a bikini in front of other guys," he chuckles. "He's got like some kind of sixth sense I swear." He smiles at me.

"Let's go into Toronto, spend some time there," I smile and nod. I work in Toronto but after getting pregnant had to go off on maternity, although since falling pregnant I've made many accomplishments such as getting my learners permit, and I hope to get my licence before the baby is born, and developing new friendships.

"Or I could send you out of the house with a bunch of people I'm sure you'll connect with," he smiles walking towards the door.

"You did not do anything stupid did you?" I give him a stern look.

"Maybe," he opens the door and a bunch of people flood in. "You'll thank me later," he whispers and walks away leading his friends into another room leaving me and two other girls.

"Hi," one of them smiles warmly. "I'm Brooke," she extends her hand.

"Reese, nice to meet you," I smile shaking her hand.

"I'm Sydney," the other girl smiles.

"Nice to meet you both," I chuckle. "So do you two know each other?" I point between them both.

"Yeah," Sydney nods. "We've known each other a few years now,"

"Oh cool," I smile leading them to the kitchen. "Can I get you anything?" I grab a cup and pour myself some water.

"No that kid I'm good," they both shake their heads. "So," Brooke giggles. "Is Ian the baby daddy?" She looks down at my bump.

"No," I chuckle shaking my head. "My baby daddy is Shawn?" I question. "You know him?" They both nod.

"Shawn was never one to be tied down," Sydney breaths.

"Yeah tell me about it, every other day he'd have someone new to toy with," Brooke sighs. "I'm glad he finally found someone though," they smile.

"Oh well actually he dumped me a few days ago," I shrug sadly.

"Oh I'm sorry," they both pout. "And we were just talking about him," they sigh.

"No it's alright," I shrug.

"Hey guys," some very attractive boy stands at the entrance to the door. "We're watching a movie if you want to come," he points.

"You coming?" Both girls question.

"Yeah I'll be there in a minute," I smile drinking more of my water.

"Alright," they nod walking away.

"I'm Zander," the boy smiles.

"Reese," I nod.

"So which one are you attached to?" He questions referring to all of the boy in the living room.

"None of them," I shake my head. "I'm totally single," I shrug.

"And pregnant?" He gasps. "Was it like a one night stand?" He cocks his head to the side.

"No," I shake my head giving him a strange look. "We were in a relationship and he ended things a few days back." I nod.

"So," he pauses looking between me and my bump.

"Baby's gonna be fatherless." I sigh placing my hands on my bump.

"That's rough," he sighs. "No one deserves this," he walks towards me. "Want a hug?" He smiles weakly wrapping his arms around me.

"It's alright really," I nod.

"If it's worth anything," he whispers. "I won't leave you," his lips press against mine.

"Hey Reese I," Ian's voice is cut off as he sees us. "Never mind," he smirks at me as Zander pulls away. "It can wait," he winks.

"Oh my god Ian," I shoo.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have," he steps back.

"It's alright," I shrug. "It's a fault on both of our parts."

"Want to go out and watch the movie with them?" He smiles.

"Sure," I nod following him out. I feel Adams kick and smile. "I know baby," I whisper.