Chapter Ninty Nine

She laid with me all night doing nothing but what I asked. She lay next to me almost asleep but she wouldn't dare let her eyes close. "Reese," I whisper a little.

"Yes," x she sits up quickly.

"Go to sleep," I smile lightly. She seems relieved but shakes her head.

"Not until you're ok," she lays back on my shoulder. I sigh squeezing her arm a little. My head lays on hers and she panics a little.

"Relax," I reassure. "I'm still awake," I hush as the nurses around the room smile. She lets out a shaky breath and a sigh. "Sh," I hush her again. "It's ok," I reassure.

"No, no it's not," she sniffs. "This could be your last day, your last hour, your last minute, and instead of spending it with your family you chose me." She lets a tear fall. "You chose me," she sighs against me shoulder. "I'm not gonna let anything happen,"

"Ok," I nod hushing her gently. "Ok," I kiss her temple and she cries. "Why are you crying?" I let her grab my hand, mine is only barely able to wrap back around hers.

"I want you to get better ok?" She breaths a low breath.

"Well m. Mendes," a nurse walks in with a clipboard and a smile. "We have you progress reports," she nods looking them over as if to assure she wasn't gonna give me false information. Reese sits falling out of my embrace with much anxiety she nods at the nurse to proceed as if it were only her. "You're doing much better," she nods. "Everything's evening out with your body," she reads the list over yet again. "You should be able to get out within about the next month," she nods. Reese gives me a relieved sigh and a tight hug.

"I-i have to go now," she gives me a panicked sigh.

"But why?" I give her a pout batting my eyelashes slightly.

"I love you ok?" She ignores my question using her index finger to bring my face closer to hers, while she kisses my cheek in an apologetic way. "Your dads coming," she pulls away leaving my cheeks a tinted pink colour. "I'll wait until he gets here," she smiles lightly trying to deflect off of the fact that she's leaving me.

"Why are you leaving?" I ask again giving her the puppy dog eyes.

"I have to baby," she responds quietly.

"No you don't," I beg, it takes most of the strength I have left for me just to reach for her hand. She turns in tears as she looks down at our hands.

"I have to go," she nods kissing my forehead and just as before letting her lips linger.

"Ok," I sigh leaning against her shoulder.

"I love you," she smiles raising my face with her hand.

"I love you too," my lip trembles and I sniff constantly. "Don't go?" I beg a little.

"I know baby, I know," she touches my hair and sighs. "I don't wanna go." Her smile fades and her eyes slowly close as she takes in deep breaths.

"I'm gonna annoy the crap out of you until you come visit me again," I smile as does she.

"I wish I could," she gives me a smile. "I really do," her fingers lace with mine. "I'm probably in trouble already just for being here now," she kisses my forehead again pouring much pain into it.

"So you're gonna divorce me?" I take her other hand in mine.

"I think so," her forehead falls against mine so gently I wouldn't have known if I hadn't looked at her. "Maybe it'll still work out," she smiles lightly trying to reassure me.

"I know you're lying," I stare deep into her brown orbs. "I can see it in your eyes," my dad stands at the door, he's been waiting for about ten minutes now but he won't brake up our moment which I find sweet.

"I just wanna make this easier on you," she blinks. "It's already hard on me," she shrugs looking at the door and sighing. "I should go," she kisses my cheek before beginning to walk away.

"Don't leave me," I beg shifting in the bed.

"Sir," the nurses speak.

"Mister?" They call as I try to make my way off of the bed.

"Stay in bed," she points at me still looking in the other direction. "Shawn please?" She turns to face me, more mascara running down her cheeks. That from last night still staining them. "Please," she blinks.

"Come here?" I open my arms with much difficulty.

"I can't," she sniffs attempting to wipe her eyes. "If I go now I won't be able to leave," she walks back towards me giving my lips a soft kiss. "I love you," she walks off quickly so I can't chase her.

"Poor girl," the guys walk in. "Doesn't know what she's getting herself into right Shawny boy," they high five and look back to me.

"She knows," I blink at them with a shrug. "I told her,"

"Why would you do that? That wasn't a part of the plan." Aaron scolds but I shrug.

"I don't think you get it," I shake my head. My dad had gone to get coffee or something trying to give Reese and I some more time.

"Get what? We had a plan and we had a deal," they growl.

"I'm not gonna follow the plan," I shake my head. "You're making her divorce me," I squeal in rage.

"M. Mendes please," one of the nurses tries calming me down.

"Well you know maybe if she divorces you you can both go back to living the lives you were supposed to." Carter huffs.

"Meaning what? I just need to abandon my wife and kids?" I spit at him crossing my arms giving him an 'are you serious' look.

"M. Mendes please this heart rate is dangerously high it's not healthy." She begs a little.

"She's a slut Shawn," they explain. "She's a victim and nothing more. She deserves the life she had before,"

"Then make me a victim too," I say loudly. "I love her and I'd rather have no friends and her than all of you guys without her." There's a camera with me and most likely one with Reese.

"What do you like about her anyways?" Matt looks disgusted.

"She likes me," I sigh laying back on the bed. "Because she liked me," I look down.