Chapter Fifteen

Shawn's POV

"Please Ian," I beg.

"No Shawn. I'm not betraying her. You've basically killed her." He crossed his arms. "She deserves better,"

"I messed up and I understand that, but what about second chances?" I plead.

"She's given you a second chance, hell she's given you three when you didn't deserve the first one." He shakes his head. "Thanks for trying, but you can't fix her at this point." He walks closer to me and I back up until soon enough I end up at the door.

"Why can't you believe that I want to fix things?" I cross my arms standing tall in front of him.

"You have another girlfriend." He rolls his eyes. "She's not stupid you know." He scoffs.

"I know she's not stupid, she's very smart and I never said she wasn't." I shake my head," I admire her intelligence."

"So then why do you treat her like an idiot?" He crosses his arms.

"I treated her like a baby, my baby." I mumble. "She fragile and I didn't want her to get hurt," I sigh.

"Well you hurt her Shawn, more than anyone else ever has." He shrugs. "Thanks for coming. Don't come again," he opens the door behind me.

"If you were really my friend you would help me, if you were really her friend you would help me with this. I just want to make her happy again." I sigh looking as she sat at the top of the stairs.

"We'll see, if I can get her to accept then fine but I'm not gonna push her," he crossed his arms.

"Thank you," I smile widely. "Thank you," I mumble again. He simply nods and closes the door. I can hear her crying.

"Look at these," she cries. "Kill yourself, you weren't good enough for him, you won't even be able to make a family for yourself they'll just run away anyways, lonely forever." She listed. "Why do they all hate me." She whimpers. "Will you get me my medicine," she asks.

"Yeah sure," I listen as the front door opens.

"Shawn," she steps back slightly and stumbles almost falling onto the cement of her stairs. "W-what are you d-d-doing here?" Her hands tremble ever so slightly. "You left five minutes ago?" She cocks her head to the side.

"Here but you can only have one," Ian hands her the joint and then walks back inside.

"I was addicted," she explains. "And I went to therapy drug use classes, a bunch of different things but it didn't help so they gave me a prescription and I'm not allowed more then one a day." She takes a long breath.

"Will you come out," I froze basically forgetting the English language. "Me with," I furrow my eyebrows at my own speaking. "Tonight fix everything." I turn red from embarrassment and she giggles gently.

"I'm sorry Shawn but no. You have a girlfriend remember?" She crosses her arms. "And if I was ever seen with you my life would be worse." She shrugs and inhales more of the poisonous substance.

"Help I will you," I groan in frustration at how nervous she's made me.

"As cute as this is I have to say no," she puts the cigarette bud in the ash tray. "Goodbye Shawn," she gives me a weak smile and walks inside with her head hung low. I sit in the doorframe and listen. I hear her crying as she falls against the door.

"Baby girl," I whisper. "Please don't shut me out," I sigh letting tears fill my eyes.

"Go find your girlfriend." She sniffs. "She wouldn't like hearing about you being near me. I'm an alien remember?" She sighs.

"I broke up with her," I whisper back. I hear nothing more.

"Wanna talk about it. Brake ups are hard," she whispers adding a sad chuckle at the end. "Believe me," her voice goes higher and I can almost hear the tears preparing to escape her eyes. "I'd know," she bursts into tears.

"Please let me in. I don't wanna have to listen to you crying anymore," I let tears fall down my face. "Please," I sniff, "I love you."

"No Shawn you just think you do. If you really loved me we wouldn't be here right now." She growls gently.

"I know baby, I know but I'm just a teenager, we're just teenagers and love is a scary thing." I sigh. "But if you find the right person," I feel the door behind me being moved. "It makes it a lot easier," I turn to meet her teary eyes and crooked smile. "Reese Matthews," I breath connecting our hands. "I wanted so badly for you to be mine I got lost in everything else, I didn't even notice Katrina in any of this mess, I just wanted you," I let a tear fall from my eye.

"Don't cry," she shakes her head. "Your tears make me feel even worse for not being able to take you back," she hugs me.

"Why can't you take me back?" I instantly feel worried. She's probably found someone else, better then me. Someone who likes math and the library. Someone who can give her what she needs and wants rather then toying with her emotions. "He's better then me isn't he," I instantly regretted saying it after the last word left my lips.

"What?" She laughs slightly. "Shawn you've been the only person willing to try and go out with me. I haven't found anyone else but if I take you back both of our lives will be hell and I don't wanna have to drag you down to my level." She smiles apologetically. "I'm sorry," she whispers. "I truly am," she rushes to my side as my eyes fill with tears.

"It's my fault anyways." I wipe the tears that fall from my eyes. "I fell harder then I should've," I mumble.

"If it makes you feel any better," she places her head on my chest. "So did I," she smiles weakly.

"I love you Reese," I sigh kissing her forehead.

"Stop Shawn," she sighs. "You're making this harder then it needs to be. I love you too but we can't keep doing this to ourselves." She gives me a weak smile. "First you say you love me, then you say you don't," she shakes her head. "Then you'll tell me that you're willing then you say you won't," she sighs. "Can you please just make your mind up because frankly I'm loosing my patients." She shrugs.

"I'm sorry I had no idea you felt this way," I sigh. "I love you," I turn and begin walking away. "And I won't lie about that any longer," I wipe my eyes and start towards my car.