13. Aaron

As I come home, I can smell some real nice aromas coming from the kitchen. I enter the kitchen, to see Gianna not only cooking up a storm but looking finer than she usually does.

"Mmmm... I'm not sure if I want whatever's cooking... I'm looking at something thicker to be on the menu." I said.

She started laughing.

"Boy stop! Dinner first, I have good news." She said.

"Oh? Sounds interesting. I'm going to go freshen up first." I said.

By the time I came back downstairs she was sharing out our food.

"Thanks babe." I said. "Mmmm this is real nice."

"Glad you like." She said.

"So what's this good news?" I asked.

"Well... I thought about what you said and you was right. So I spoke with the wedding planner. And... I've got ourselves a date."

"Really?"

"When?"

"August 15th."

I choked on my curry.

"August? Babe... we're in June!"

"I know I know! But it can be done! I don't want to wait. I want to be your wife. I want us to have our own family. So the sooner we get married, the sooner we can start our family." She said as she winked at me.

Brothers intuition!

"Gi.. Is everything okay?"

"Huh?"

"Well... Why the change of heart?"

"I don't understand."

"Before, you was taking so long to even talk to the planner; now not only have you spoken to her, but you're planning for us to be married in two months time?"

"I'm allowed to have a change of heart ain't I?"

"Yeah you are. I just.. I don't know. I thought you was having doubts. A part of me wondered if there was even someone else..."

This time Gi choked on her curry.

"Excuse me?"

"Well what other reason would there be for you to not want to marry me?"

"Ummmm marriage is a big commitment! I'm only going to marry you if I know it's what we both want! And I know it's what I want but I wasn't sure that it was what you wanted! Then when I saw how serious you was about no kids before marriage, it was clear that I knew you really wanted this! But I'm really offended that you think I would do such a thing!"

"It wasn't that big of a deal. It came to mind and I threw it out."

"That doesn't sound like you... you been speaking to your boys?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah.. I knew it. Which one? Dimitri or Ethan? I know it's one of them. Javon wouldn't say such a thing."

"Look. Let's just forget it."

"Nah. Let's not. I mean the only reason I wouldn't want to marry you is because I'm having an affair!"

"Gi..."

"No! Don't Gi me!"

"Look... I'm sorry. Let's not argue. You went out of your way to do this dinner. And the fact we are finally going to get married, I couldn't be happier. I'm sorry I had that thought. But it's well and truly gone. So August 15th you say?"

She was sitting there looking very angry but I guess she gave in because she started smiling.

"Yes... August 15th I'll become Mrs Gianna Bailey."

"You know that sounds real good? You know what else sounds good?"

"What?"

"The way you say my name as you gripping the bed sheets."

"Oh? You want to hear that yeah?"

"Mmmhmm"

"Gotta catch me first." She said as she got up and ran off.

"Oh it's on..." I said as I laughed and went chasing after my fiancé.