43. Ethan

My holiday with my boys was everything I could have asked for. It had me contemplating the yearly one I take with the guys. The relationship I have with my sons is the best relationship I have. It was just like the relationship I had with my dad before he died.

Not a day goes by where I don't miss him. I know he would be proud of me.
Today I was taking the boys to a ball pit with Michaela and her nephew.

We would be back to school in a few days so I decided to make the most of it before I couldn't do much with them in the week.

As for Michaela, we've been talking. Talking a lot. Her and Sanchez had been hanging out with us lot as well. I don't know what it is about her but we have such a great connection and I could see she was coming around to my boys. No, actually; she never had a problem with my sons. She had a problem with the fact I'm a guy with kids. But she's realised that I'm a great father.

What woman wouldn't want me?

"Heyyyy Sanchez!" EJ said.

I turned around and saw Sanchez and Michaela walking over.

"Hi Kayla!" Ezra said and gave her a big hug. Ezra really took to her. It was cute to see.

Other than my sons mothers I have never brought females around my sons. So this was new territory for me. But from when my boys were happy and liked being around her I was happy to have her around them.

"Hey Ez! You okay?" She said to him.

"Yeah! You coming to play?"

"I'll come in in a bit." She said to him before he ran off into the play area. "By the time the boys leave here they're going to be tired out! This place is huge!" She said as she came over and hugged me.

Elijah started crying and put his arms out to Michaela.

"Hey little man. Why you crying?" She said as she picked him up. I smiled.

"Oh he don't just go to any and anybody. What have you done to my son?"

"What can I say? Babies like me."

"Mmmm... not just babies..." I said.

She looked at me and acted like she never heard what I said but I know she did.

"Come on. Let's go and find your brothers and Sanchez so we can go and play." She said to Elijah.

I laughed.

We spent a good four hours in the play zone and by the time we left we was all tired. I haven't had so much fun in ages. They all ganged up on me and attacked me and I couldn't do nothing but laugh.

"Okay guys... Pizza Hut?"

"Yaaaayyy!!"

"Aunty I want Pizza Hut!" Sanchez said.

Good boy Sanchez.

"You can come over... I just order it and the guys can eat."

"Please aunty!" Sanchez said

"Please Kayla!" Ej said