33. Aaron

It's been a week since I kicked Gianna out and I've had the whole of her family and then some tell me to take her back and work things out. But when I tell them she's pregnant for another man and never told me, all of a sudden they're stuck on mute.

I just want them to leave me alone so I can deal with this my way, on my own. I go to work, I do my job then I come home. I've even started redecorating the house.

I hated the decor in the house. I just went along with it for Gianna sake. Ha. Gianna. Fuck her. She's a bitch. I won't lie and say I'm not hurt. I'm more angry than anything. Angry that I wasted so much time. Angry that I was so blind to it all.

Never again. I ain't getting with no girl anytime soon. It's so mad how you can invest your time into someone and then it all goes down the drain.

I've been trying to keep my head down and mind my business but guess who keeps trying to get my attention? Amber.

She doesn't understand that right now, her trying to get my attention will have her getting some rough sex and nothing else. She will be a rebound. Something for me to get my nut and keep it moving.

So I stay away from her because I'd hate to take my frustrations out on her. But she just doesn't stop. Like now for instance.

Guess who is knocking my office door?

"Come in." I said.

"Hey Aaron, you busy?"

"Not particularly."

"Can I come in?"

"Have a seat Amber."

"So... I couldn't help but overhear you talking to Jamie about wanting to cancel your annual leave due to your wedding being off. Just wanted to check that everything was okay."

I laughed.

"No you never. You wanted to know if that gives you the green light; so you can try to make a move."

She smiled.

"I'm being genuine. For you to want to get married she had to have meant a lot to you. So no hidden agendas. I like how despite my tries you haven't given in. Shows you're a good man. So as I said, I was being genuine."

"Well... thanks for that. I'm good."

"Typical man answer. Well I only really came to check in on you. I'll leave you alone now." She said.

"See you around Amber." I said.

When she left, I was contemplating calling her; but I thought against it. As I said she would be nothing but a rebound.

I finished up what I was doing within the next hour and made my way home. My house was a mess with all the dust sheets and tools around the house. But I knew once this was all done I would have a nice bachelor pad.