79. Ethan

Christmas in the Caribbean has been great. My boy got married and this was just the getaway I needed. As much as I had my boys here and we was having a great time I was glad Michaela was out here with me.

I have had to put in WORK!!! I have had to beg like I have never begged before. But being with Michaela is what I want. What I really really want.

We ain't even sleeping together. I'm not sleeping with no one. Horny as I am I'm waiting. This is the only way for me to prove to her, I want her and I'm in this for the long run.

I know she came with me because it was a free holiday plus she does like the girls and she knew my mum was coming out. So more help. It's no secret she's been struggling with Elisha. But she's a new mother and that was bound to happen.

It's New Year's Eve and we've decided to have a BBQ then later let off some fireworks. Javon is prepping the barbecue, Dimitri is Djing. The girls are lounging and the kids are either running around playing or napping. There's a lot of us but everyone is just mellow and having a great time.

"What you doing?" I hear Michaela ask as I'm looking through my phone.

"I've been looking at the pictures I've taken on this trip. I haven't been this happy in a very long time."

"You haven't?"

"No. I have always just got on with it. But most of the time things never go how I would have wanted."

"What do you mean?"

"Well.. I was with Tamara I thought she was the one. She got pregnant but I just wasn't ready. I did want to have children but not at that time. She took it the wrong way then showed a side to her I had never seen. So I ended it and she's hated me ever since giving me nothing but grief. Then there was Whitney... she was just ever meant to be sex. She knew this, but she thought sex would win me over. When she realised that wasn't working she tampered with the condoms. She even admitted it when I asked her HOW she could be pregnant. So I have never liked her and I know she hates me for that. Then Zaria, someone I actually liked after Tamara; things got complicated. She kept things from me. So although we broke up I still held a soft spot for her. But the lies... you can't base a relationship on lies. It was hard for me to look past it."

"Yet you expect me to."

"No, I don't. I would like you to yes. But if you can't I actually understand. I messed up and I guess I will have to suffer the consequences if you decide you don't ever want to be with me again."

"Hmmm..."

"Anyway. We're on holiday. No time for moping around. Come on." I said to her as we went out to enjoy the day.

Nightfall had taken us very quickly. It was five minutes to go before midnight. I could see how tired the kids were but they would enjoy the fireworks once they all start going off.

Right. Five minutes. It's now or never.

"Okay can I have everyone's attention please. Except you guys setting up for the fireworks. Erm... okay so, for those who know me I've made some pretty bad judgements. This holiday was a way for me to attempt to show just exactly how much someone means to me. I look around and see nothing but love. Javon and Paige, they're the reason we are all here, Dimitri and Krystal getting married out here. I've always said that I wanted to get married but I hadn't met the woman I wanted to marry... not until last year. Michaela... I know I've put you through a lot. But I mean it when I say that I really want to make it work. I said I would give you everything you want and if you will let me then I will. So on that note, Michaela Norris... will you do me the honour of marrying me?" I said as I got on one knee.

Michaela's mouth opened. I know she wasn't expecting this. No one was. I wasn't even sure if it was what I was going to do. But the only way Michaela would know I was serious was if I asked her to marry.

This is something I wouldn't mess up. It's what I want. She's what I want.

Silence filled the back yard and I was starting to wonder if this was a mistake. If she said no I would book the next flight out of here. Shame is one thing I can not deal with.

"Erm... Yes?" She said.

"Yes?"

"Yeah. Yes I will marry you." She said with the biggest smile on her face.

Everyone started clapping. I put the ring on her finger. Then stood up and hugged her and kissed her.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear.

"This is it. This is your last chance. Don't fuck it up."

"Oh I won't." I said as we stayed hugging.

Michaela doesn't realise just how happy she has made me!