77. Javon

Christmas in the Caribbean has got to be my favourite time of the year. Paige and I prefer Christmas away. So much so, that when Paige's grandmother passed away she had left Paige the land that owned 5 houses on it.

4 of the houses had houses no more than 2 bedrooms each alongside with a kitchen, bathroom and living room. Then there was the big house. Despite there being kitchens in all of the houses this was where you would come for all your meals.

4 bedroom house all with ensuite bathrooms and walk in wardrobes. A huge living room/dining room area, a laundry room, an open space kitchen that leads out onto the veranda with an amazing view of the beach, which wasn't far from us. If we didn't feel like going to the beach there was also a pool that had been built in the middle of these 5 houses.

Coming here always felt like home but also a vacation as if we were coming here for the very first time.

This time was even better. We had been here for 3 weeks and today everyone was flying in to spend Christmas and celebrate a wonderful occasion. Yep, that's right: Dimitri, Krystal and Diamond. Aaron, Amber and Amari. Ethan and his boys; I think his mother and siblings will be coming over and staying nearby.

As peaceful as its been, I'm looking forward to seeing them as this was the first year we didn't go away for our annual trip. But with everyone getting someone pregnant it wasn't really practical going away and leaving partners and new born babies.

"You think we've got enough?" Paige asked as we left the supermarket.

"If we don't I shan't be coming back. We drove two cars and both our cars are full!! If people want or need other stuff they can make the trip back to here; because I certainly won't!" I said.

"Okay okay. Let's get back I'm missing my babies."

"It's been a hour!"

"TWO actually! I don't care! Mums had them most of the holiday! I know she wanted to give us time to ourselves; lord knows I've enjoyed. But I also enjoy being a mum and getting cuddles from my babies. So... let's go!"

I laughed. Paige's mother lived right next door. She owned a little house which was also on her mothers land but it was passed down to her just before her mother died.

I wondered about my family and what land and/or houses we owned. They never spoke about these things and it's a shame. As much as me and Paige are married and staying that way forever, this is Paige's grandmothers legacy, passed on down to Paige.

We didn't sign a prenuptial when we got married but there's an agreement that I signed that if we were to ever divorce I was not entitled to the houses in Jamaica due to it being a legacy to her family. I had no problem signing it.

Hopefully one day we can make one of our own for our kids.

"Hey babe, so I thought to let you know before everyone comes you see that wall over there and all that space which is just rubble?"

"Yeah..."

"Well there's talks in getting the wall knocked down and pushed back. And building up one last house here. That will be ours. Mine and yours. I've always wanted a small cottage type of house for when I'm older. The veranda will have us looking directly out onto the beach. This will be ours like I said so we both pay to build this up from scratch and put everything we want inside."

I smiled. It's like she read my mind.

"This is why I married you." I said as we hugged and kissed.

A few hours later and everyone was here and trying to get settled. The two ladies who would help to cook now and then were here finishing up a big feast for us and our guest whilst they all freshened up.

"What you thinking?" Paige asked as she joined me on the veranda.

"Oh nothing, just hoping that all is well for the next few weeks and that there's no arguments or hiccups."

"We're all on holiday and it's Christmas in a few days. I've been speaking to the girls and they were so excited to come. I really don't think nothing will go wrong. How could it?" Paige asked.

I nodded my head then smiled.

It wasn't the girls I was thinking of. Was more the guys...