68. Javon

The past couple of months have been crazy. Thankfully I'm finally getting some normality back.
I'm back at work, although I'm considering becoming a doctor strictly for home visits. I'll benefit financially as well as helping out more with the kids.

Jermaine still sleeps at night time with a machine to help him breathe. I'm glad I'm a doctor because these "professionals" will try to fob you off with anything.

I know what's good for my son and I'm going to keep using the machine to help him breathe. I don't want him dependent on an inhaler which might not even always work.

We only use the machine at nights so we are still giving him room to breathe on his own which he's doing. At times he does struggle but as we are home more often we can always use the machine if need be.

"I still think we should get a specialised nanny in." Paige said as she set out the garden and I was working on the barbecue.

"No! I'm not giving them my money! Look, soon I'll be a house doctor. I'll have more free time and can always come home more frequent than if I was staying in the doctors surgery. It will work."

"Yeah but days like this... we have to send the kids away when they could just be in the play room."

She had a point.

"So what do you want to do?"

"A live in nanny."

"Live?"

"Yes. I want to be able to keep an eye on her. All times. We have the room."

"Will cost way more than we need to spend."

"We can afford it. Besides we can come up with some benefits for her to maybe decrease the price if too expensive."

"Hmmm..." the door bell rang distracting me from my initial thoughts. "Hold that thought! Our guests have arrived." I said going to open the door to see Dimitri with his now showing, pregnant girlfriend Krystal.

"Yo! Wagwarn!" Dimitri said as we embraced each other with a brotherly hug.

"Sup?" I said back before greeting Krystal. "Hello Miss Krystal."

"Please!! No Miss... Just. Krystal." She smiled.

"My bad... Krystal. Come on through. Paige is out in the back." I said leading them to the garden, where Paige was.

Just as I got outside the doorbell went again.

"I'll get it." I said jogging back to the front door. Aaron and Amber stood there looking like one celebrity couple.

"Ladies and gentlemen Jay Z & Beyonce have arrived!" I said making us all laugh.

"Whatever man!" Aaron said.

"Just go through to the garden. Amber you know Krystal and my wife Paige? They're out there. Wait... there's not going to be no beef or funny stuff today. Dimitri is here."

"No disrespect to Dimitri but he's old news, a thing of the past. I really don't care about him. He's Aaron's boy and that's that." She said.