28~ Alyssa, Run

We were already four days into our fear landscapes, we only had three days left to practice before the final test. We had separate hours again from the other initiates and a different formula, one that put us through five simulations without stopping, I had gone through being burned alive, spiders, being stabbed and being cast out of Dauntless, but the worst one was the last one.

Alyssa and I were talking over the chasm, just having a perfectly ordinary conversation, then we heard voices, I couldn't make out what they were saying so far, but once they started to get closer it was easier to make out their words "find the Divergent" Max was saying "she needs to be dealt with before she hurts someone"

"We'll find her" Drake replied.

"Max, I need to talk to you, I might have been wro-"

"Not now, Eric"

My heart fluttered, he was attempting to stop this, but I knew who they were coming for and turned to Alyssa "Alyssa, run!"

She looked at me questioningly "why? Are they coming for me?"

I nodded and dragged her to the other end of the walkway so that we were away from the chasm "yes, you have to run now, I'll hold them off"

But all of a sudden they were right in front of us, and for no reason at all Alyssa started fighting them like she was Eric or Four in disguise, she was a woman possessed as she threw Leanne around like a rag doll, and Max didn't stand a chance, they were all laying on the floor except for Eric "Alyssa! What have you done?!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't control it! Something is wrong with me! I'm dangerous!" She was panicking, and there was nothing I could do to help her.

I looked around and saw Eric lifting his gun "Eric, what are you doing?!"

"I told you she's dangerous, you should have listened"

"Just wait!" I turned to Alyssa and smiled "everything is going to be okay now" I whispered "you just have to run" she didn't nod or say anything, but the next thing I did was run at Eric, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled us both over the edge of the chasm. We were falling for what seemed like forever, but I wasn't scared, because I was with him, I put my head against his chest and slowed my breathing, by the time I came out of the sim I couldn't remember if we had actually hit the floor.

Four was staring at me "what was that?"

I rubbed the back of my head, while I was trying to put the fire out in my first sim I think I bashed my head against the floor "my fear"

"You realise if the leaders see this during your final test they'll know for sure what Alyssa is, and then they'll kill you for sympathising and probably Eric too because you seem to think he'll try and stop it"

I leant myself against a wall so that I could catch my breath "they wouldn't kill Eric, he was going to shoot her"

"Did you not hear anything else I just said? You've just put your friend at risk, if that fear shows up on your final test she's dead" my eyes snapped round to his.

"How dare you. You think I'd do that on purpose?"

He rubbed the bridge of his nose "no, I don't, but you need to find a way to get over this fear"

"It's not just one fear though" I sighed, Four raised an eyebrow "I'm afraid that Alyssa is exactly what they say, I'm afraid that she'll give them a real reason to kill her, I'm afraid that Eric will betray me and I'm afraid that I'll have to lose him if I want to save her" I bit my lip, trying to contain my tears "I'm sorry, I don't mean to dump my problems onto you"