9~ Bleach

*Hello re readers! So originally yes the hair was made blue. I'm 25 years old now, I wrote this in 2018 I think, it's 2024, the blue hair is about to die. I hate it now as much as you all hated it then. I'm going to leave the original paragraph here, just so those comments can live on and I can preach the new gospel by replying to them. But yes, the blue hair is officially dead!*

After Eric had left Adam found some scissors and tried to salvage what was left of my hair, he straightened out the bottom and gave me bangs, I wasn't sure how we decided on bangs, they just sort of happened. After that I decided it needed something else, and so I tracked down a hair stylist and had them dye my hair bright blue. The bold decision came somewhere out of my anger over what Eric had done, I wanted to do something that went against my character, I wanted to feel powerful, and somehow blue hair gave that to me.

After Eric had left Adam found some scissors and tried to salvage what was left of my hair, he cut it for about 10 seconds before I came to my senses and told him to stop

After Eric had left Adam found some scissors and tried to salvage what was left of my hair, he cut it for about 10 seconds before I came to my senses and told him to stop. I decided it needed to be worked on by a professional, and so I tracked down a hair stylist and had them straighten everything out into the most breathtaking layers I had ever seen. The stylist spent the whole cut going on and on about being bold with colours and the power of bleach until she finally convinced me to be... well, Dauntless. The bold decision came somewhere out of my anger over what Eric had done, I wanted to do something that went against my character, I wanted to feel powerful.

It took a lot to make my brown hair near white, I was with the stylist for the rest of the day, but in the end I walked out with new-found confidence, my hair now half natural brunette, and bleached blonde underneath. By the time curfew came I hadn't had any dinner and I was nervous about what the other initiates would say about me, I don't know why I was nervous, because the whole point of the new hair was to feel confident. Halfway there I bumped into Four, who had to do a double take "Prue?"

"Yeah?"

"I didn't recognise you" I'd momentarily forgotten that I'd been transformed.

I wasn't sure what he would say, would he shout at me? Was initiates dying their hair against the rules? I hadn't even thought about that "Right... I just- I needed to do it. You know?"

He nodded as though he had once done something similar, I could tell that he understood "I was actually coming to find you. See if you were okay" I shrugged, I didn't want to talk about the tragedy of that day "I'm sorry that he did that to you, Prue"

"Please, don't apologise for him. It's not your fault, you told him to stop. Anyway, you already sent him to apologise but that didn't exactly work out, I bet no ones sworn that much at a leader in a long time..." I had just noticed the confused look on Fours face, his eyebrows had knitted together and his eyes had narrowed "what? Am I babbling? I'm sorry, I babble"

"I didn't send Eric"

Now I was looking confused "yes you did, he told me"

"Well then he lied. I wouldn't send him to face you after what he'd done. I wouldn't have thought you'd have wanted to see him" he was right there, I didn't want to see him.