Chapter-17

Sameer's Pov

"Naina" I shouted and ran towards her. I impatiently shook her. Everyone had surrounded us. "Naina you can't leave us, please get up" Preeti complained. "I can't live without you, your my oxygen, the reason to live,I love you, if your not here I'm going to die" I cried my heart out. I felt Naina's hand move. "My time has come, I can feel it, please know that I love you all, and I'm so sorry, that I won't be there with you " Naina tried to speak. "What are you saying Naina, your going to live, someone call the ambulance" Arjun looked livid looking at the kidnapper, and told the police.
I started to feel the pain, of losing a loved one. "Naina, keep your eyes open" I stroked her face, with guilt.

Naina's Pov

I couldn't look at anyone, because thier greatest warrior was going to die. "Arjun, please tell dad, uncle and aunty that I really love them all, even though dad hates me" I held on to his hand with a tight grip, and my breathing was hyperventilating. I had heard what Sameer had said, but it was heartbreaking that I was in this condition. I liked him a lot now. "I'm so scared, I don't want to die" I struggled to say. I saw Sameer getting up, and angrily walking up towards the kidnapper. "How dare you shoot my Naina?" Sameer punched him very hard. "What did she spoil?" He grabbed on to him, and pushed him towards the ground.

Munna's Pov
This shouldn't have happened to Naina. She has become such a close friend of mine. She was the one who praised me in front of the class. She was the only one who stood up for Preeti, and now she did it again. I remembered the beautiful moments, I began to cry because she turned our lives more worth living. I heard the ambulance coming. Arjun, Pandit, Sameer and I helped Naina into the ambulance. I was very upset, and angry with that person who shooted Naina.
We had arrived at the hospital, pushing through other people. Naina was sent into the operation theatre. Preeti, rang her parents to inform them what had happened to Naina. They would be arriving the next day.

Sameer's Pov

"This is all happening because of me, it's all my fault, if I would have stayed with Naina, we wouldn't have to face this situation" I punched the wall. "No Sameer, don't blame it on yourself, we didn't know this was going to happen" Arjun hugged me. "I really love her, and she's slipping away" I cried with sorrow.

I joined my hands together to pray to God. Please god, save Naina for us, what wrong has she committed in her life, that your giving her such a punishment. Why does it always happen to good people. If you don't save her, I promise you, I will never talk to you again.

Naina's Pov

I sat up on the hospital bed, and everyone was shocked to see me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I looked at the doctor. "To see you perfectly fine" he replied. "Doctor, this is a fake bullet, but you have to help me fake my death, in order for me to catch the mastermind behind this all" I begged. "Alright" he smiled. "You can't tell anyone about this, and the police are with me in this mission, and also I have arranged a dead body that looks exactly like me, so everyone will think I have died if you help me it will be the greatest honour" I explained to everyone. I was wearing a bullet proof jacket underneath. Those kidnappers were undercover cops, which gave me information to catch the most wanted criminal. They had to do this, since they could get closer.

The police changed my entire outfit, so that I could escape the hospital. I had to make sure that I wasn't noticeable. I jumped down through the window, and sat down in the police car, so that they would give me protection. We drove away to the outskirts of Amdhabaad. I cried because I was going away. But whatever I'm doing is for them, and maybe by this seperation, I will get to know my true feelings for Sameer.
In a way this seperation is good for me, however, what will happen when they find out, Sameer is going to be so angry with me, I hope they understand why I did this. I got out of the car, and headed towards the Police station. I met inspector Rahul. "Informer Naina reporting sir" I saluted. "It's great to work with you on this mission" Rahul shook my hand.

Sameer's Pov

It had been two hours, and we were all waiting impatiently. "How long will it take for the doctor to come out?" Pandit asked annoyed. Preeti hugged Pandit to calm him down. The doctor came and removed his surgical mask. We all stood up. "What happened doctor, please tell us did you save Naina?" I asked. The doctor looked down. "I'm sorry to say this, but Naina is no more" the doctor replied.
"What do you mean, your a doctor, it's your job to save lives?" I threatened him, and shouted in his face.
Arjun, Munna and Pandit, held on to me, and told me to sit down. I pushed past the doctor, as I didn't believe him. I looked at the heart moniter machine it was flatline, and now I believed that Naina is dead. I cried living with the pain that I lost Naina forever.