Chapter-18

Sameer's Pov (The next day)

It was a very unfortunate day. Chachi, chacha and taiji  had come back from Mumbai. They were not accepting this to happen to Naina. "Naina, please get up, I don't want to see you burned into ashes" Chachi didn't wanted to believe that Naina died. We were all at Naina's home mourning for her. "Who did this to you Naina, your so young, you had a life to live for, I'm never going to see you get married?" Chacha fell to the floor.
"Naina, was the best daughter that ever happened to us, why god did you take her away?" Taiji shouted. I didn't have the strength to look at Naina this way. I came forward to comfort chachi. I crouched down to her level. I placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked back at me. I could see the pain, and guilt eating her alive. Chachi lunged at me to give a hug. She cried her heart out.
The priest came, ready to start the rituals. He placed cotton wool balls against her ears, and her nose. He started the mantras, and Preeti was crying profusely. It was time to lift the body of Naina's, and to walk it all the way to the courtyard. Chacha, Munna, Pandit, Arjun and I walked out of the society. Preeti came running #downstairs. "Don't take my sister anywhere, I need her the most" Preeti begged in front of the priest.
"Dear, everyone has to go one day, we can't bring the dead back to life, but just pray for your sister that her soul will find peace" the priest explained. We managed to get to the courtyard with great difficulty. We placed the body on to the floor. We collected planks of tree branches so that Naina could fit perfectly. The priest gave an earthen pot of water to Arjun as he was the brother. He went around very slowly, and dropped it. The priest handed over a stick with fire covering the end. Arjun didn't wanted to do it, but he had to according to tradition. He walked forward, and lighted the body. He stepped back, dramatically and began to cry. It was very hard for Arjun to do this.

Naina's Pov

I spyed on my family with binoculars. I wish I could run up, and tell them I'm alive. But no destiny is playing a cruel game with me. I had to serperate for them. I was in the car, crying seeing everyone cry. It hurts to see them like this. I will make a comeback for them soon. Until, then I'm in hiding. I drove away with tears brimming my eyes. I headed towards the police station. "Naina, these are the phone records on that criminal we need to catch" Inspector Rahul handed over to me. "I'll ring up the phone company, and find out thier location, whilst you can see for bank records" I ordered.

Sameer's Pov

I watched Naina's body burn horrendously. It was much worse then anything I've seen in life. I will always love her even after death. My love story had ended, before it had even started. I fell to my knees, and cried whatever I had in me. Her body had turned into ashes. The priest gave the ashes to Arjun, to set free in the holy river of the Ganges. I helped Arjun, as he was my soul brother. We came back up, and went home again. As soon as we entered, taiji opened the door, and cried on chacha's shoulder. There was a garland around Naina's picture. She will always be my inspiration, and hope to carry on in life. The greatest warrior of our generation passed away risking her life for us.

Naina's Pov

I rang the phone company, but I don't know why I had a instinct that something terribly wrong will happen. I got the location, but I decided we would go at night, when not too many people are not around. I went back to inspector Rahul to see if he had any updates about the bank records. " The card is international, and they were carrying over around 100 million pounds, it's all black money" Rahul told me. Who can this person be?

Sameer's Pov

" I want justice for my daughter Naina, the police were there right, couldn't they have stopped this on time?" Chachi rang the lawyer. An innocent girl lost her life. "I agree with Chachi, that person should be behind bars, or even hanged, whoever they are, they have no right to live in this world.

This world is so corrupted with crime. No wonder people are scared to wonder at night, they have the fear, I will get  justice for Naina, and it's a promise.