Chapter-65

Naina's Pov

I was doing my exercise in the basketball court. I grabbed a ball, and layed down on the floor, I threw the ball into the hoop, and the ball came bouncing back to me. "Naina, what are you doing?" Pandit asked. "Exercise like this, it's a new way for me" I whistled. "Can I try?" I passed the ball to him. He sat down next to me. "Pandit, concentrate on the hoop" as I said this, he threw the ball into the hoop. "Well done Pandit" I high-fived him. We both stood up. "Will you teach me how to play cricket?" I asked him. "Yeah, let's practice together, and we can call the others if they want to join" Pandit agreed, and we went inside.
All the others were still eating. "Guys, Naina, and I are going to practice Cricket together, do you all want to join us, and then maybe later we can have a cricket match?" Pandit suggested. Everyone agreed. Pandit, and Munna set everything up for us. Sameer came to help me. "You hold the cricket bat like this" Sameer came behind me, and showed us. I wasn't paying attention when the ball came towards me, and we both hit the ball on the other side  of the court. "That's a 4" Preeti, and Swathi shouted. "The actual match has not started yet" I laughed. Sameer became the baller, and I was the batswoman. It felt strange saying batswomen in those times since Cricket was a male's game.

"Naina are you ready?" Sameer asked. I nodded my head. Sameer threw the ball in a high speed, and I whacked the ball over our villa. Preeti, and Swathi came running towards me. "You did a sixer" they both screamed. "Are you sure this is your first time?" Preeti teased. "I'm a quick learner, but I promise this is the first time I'm playing it" I told everyone. "We believe you" Munna came back with the ball.

Sameer's Pov

"Let's get in to teams now" I ordered. "Do you want it boys versus girls or should we do it mixed?" Naina suggested. "Let's go mixed" Preeti agreed with Naina. "So Preeti, Naina and Sameer in one team, and I will join Munna, and Pandit" Swathi decided. My team were going to field first. "Naina, you can be the wicketkeeper, and Swathi you have to make sure they get out" I told them. "Yes sir" Naina, and Swathi saluted. We all took our positions. Munna, and Swathi came up first. "Wait, who's going to write the score down?" Naina shouted. "I will" Pandit put his hand up. The game started, and Munna's team were pretty good. They were on 124 over 6. "Naina, why don't we swap positions?" I suggested. We swapped.

Naina's Pov

None of Munna's team got out yet. They were playing so good right now. This time it was Swathi's turn to bat. I balled really fast, and it touched the wickets, making it fall over. Everyone looked at me. "What happened is Swathi out?" I asked. Preeti, and Sameer hugged me. "Swathi is out, hats off, take a bow, what can we say?" They both shouted. I was really happy. Swathi hugged me. "Thank God, I can't run anymore, it's tiring" we laughed.

Now it was only Munna, and Pandit left. They were awesome cricketers. They kept hitting sixers, and Preeti came back with a ball. I drank water, and splashed it on my face. I was more refreshed now. Now the score was 224 over 3. With just three balls I had to make them out. I ran, and threw the ball towards Pandit, and he whacked the ball going towards the sky. "Preeti catch it" I shouted towards her. She held her hands out, and caught the ball. "Yes, Preeti you did it" I jumped in excitement. I looked towards Pandit, and he smiled at me. "Pandit, your a mindblowing batsman" I complimented him. "Munna, all the best" I high-fived him. I went back into position, and threw the ball, making Munna whack the ball so high, that I ran towards it, and fell on to the floor, instantly catching the ball in my right hand.

Sameer's Pov

Preeti, and I ran towards Naina. "That was so cool" we helped Naina stand up. "It's teamwork, we did it together" Naina spoke with pride. "Naina, you lied didn't you?"Pandit laughed. "Fine, I use to be the captain of the girls cricket team in London" Naina lifted her collor up.

She picked up the cricket bat. "Guys come on let's play" Naina called us. It was Preeti, and Naina first. I sat down, and drank water. Pandit was balling first. He threw the ball towards her, and in her first shot she did a sixer. "Naina, keep going like this, and for sure we will win" I praised her. "Thanks Sameer" she blew a kiss at me. Preeti, and Naina decided to swap places. "All the best Preeti" I motivated my team.

Preeti's Pov

It was my turn now, and I was quite nervous. "Preeti, take a deep breath, and let it out" Naina calmed me down. I scored a 4. "Wow, Preeti, your good at this" Naina fist-bumped me. We had already made 100 runs. "I'm tired, can Sameer take my place" I looked at Naina, and Sameer. "Sameer, do you want to take Preeti's place, or should I play on my own" Naina looked at everyone. "I'll take Preeti's place" Sameer came forward, and I sat down.

Naina's Pov

"All the best Sameer, and Naina kill it for me" Preeti wished us good luck. It was Sameer's turn, and he hit the ball, making it go towards the tree. We both ran, and I told him to stop in his place or else he would have gotten out. Munna bowled, and it went outside the villa. Swathi went to get the ball. I looked at Sameer, and he winked at me. I just smirked at him. After 15 minutes we were on 200 runs. "Naina, only 24 more runs, and then we will win the match" Preeti reminded me. "I'm not aiming for just 24, let's go even higher" I responded back to her. Sameer got out of the game, so it was only me that was left standing. Great, I'm on my own now. I just kept hitting sixers after each ball. "I'm out of breath" Munna's team complained. "Oh, come on it's so much fun, you can't be that tired" I replied. "We've been playing for three hours non-stop" Pandit came close to me.
"So that means my team won?" I cheered.  I ran around, the basketball court with my arms spread out, and started dancing. I came towards my friends. "You know what, when I'm with you all, I can be myself, I don't have to hide anything" I hugged all of my best friends.