Chapter-36

Naina's Pov
2 years later

"No,no, no, I will not get married to someone else" I argued with taiji. "Why do you not want to get married?" Taiji came forward to me. "It's because I love Sameer, he's the only one I truly love" I voiced out the truth. "I don't care what happens, even if we have to force you, you will be someone else's" Taiji pointed a finger at me. "I'm not scared of you, and besides Preeti, Arjun, and I don't live here anymore, we are here to serve our country" I walked out of the house.
"What happened?" Preeti asked. "The same old drama, they want me to get married, but I told them I love Sameer" I got annoyed. "Naina, you did the right thing, Sameer is perfect for you" Arjun replied, and they both followed behind me. A lot has changed in the past two years. We are all 19 years old. I passed the car keys to Preeti. "We need to go to the hospital immediately" I closed the side door. We all graduated from Delhi University, and recieved a first honours.
The last time I met Sameer was one week ago. There was still no progress of any improvements. Nanu has been updating me, and I have become a very close friend of his. My work phone began to ring. It was Pandit. "Naina, we have some important information, I want to talk to you about, will you come to the hospital?" He sounded serious. "We'll be there in 5 minutes" I hung up the phone. Preeti stopped the car in front of the hospital. We all got out, and went straight in. I spotted Pandit, Munna, and Swathi walking up and down.
We all walked closer to them. "What was the information you had to tell us about?" I spoke in code, so that no one would suspect us. "One of the suspects leading to Sameer's case is walking around Amdhabaad, we need to catch him" Pandit took out a photo, and handed it to me. I looked at it. "Why do I feel like I have seen him before?" I thought about it. "He's from Delhi, and his name is Prakash" Swathi told us all.
We all became C.I.D officers, and our sole purpose was to find that person who attacked Sameer. "Naina, we need get him before he leaves the city" Munna spoke with intelligence.
"Pandit, and I will get to the bottom of this, whilst you all will be interrogating him" everyone agreed.
I stepped inside Sameer's room, and Nanu was there. He looked so broken, and lost without him. I took his blessings, and gave him a hug.
"How are you Naina?" "I'm okay, but Taiji keeps forcing me to get married to someone else, when you know I love Sameer a lot" I hugged Nanu. "I won't let that happen, you are only going to become my daughter in law" Nanu kissed my forehead. I sat on the edge of the hospital bed, and caressed Sameer's hair. Even like this he looked so handsome. I just wish he would wake up. I remembered what Sameer had said. "Your mine,and only mine, I can't see you with anyone else" Sameer reminded me about our true love. I still wore the promise ring, and I've never took it off.
It was very difficult, staying away from Sameer. I cried every night. Seperation is a hurtful word, which drives you crazy to such an extent that I became depressed. Once I graduated, the first thing I did was to visit Sameer. It had calmed me down. I smiled looking at him, he is still the same. I kissed his forehead.
"Sameer, how long do we have to wait for, isn't 2 years enough for you, I've been running around everywhere, our friends have become so mature, and responsible, after your condition, we all promised each other to find your culprit, and we have a suspect, please Sameer, I can't live without you anymore, I need you just as much as you need me, I know your angry with me because I've never expressed what you mean to me, I'm sorry for troubling you, making you wait for me, but this shouldn't have happened, I will get justice for you" I wiped my tears, and left the room.

Pandit's Pov
I saw Naina coming out of the room crying. I really don't know how she has the patience to tolerate all of this. I touched her shoulder, and gave her a brotherly hug. "Pandit, how long now, I just want him to wake up, and come running to me, is that too much to ask for?" I looked up, and controlled my tears, because we all had to remain strong for Naina. Everyone came, and hugged us for moral support. "Do you know, that you guys are the best, your not just my best friends, but we are family, you have supported me through thick and thin, you've followed me just to become C.I.D officers, it takes a lot of guts, and courage, I must say Sameer will be proud of all us, when he comes to know how we have so far in life?" Naina explained so beautifully what we meant to her.
"We love you Naina so much" we responded.