Chapter-51

Chapter 51- Naina's Pov

Today was the Sangeet ceremony. A lot of tashan was going to happen. I was practicing my dance steps. "No, Naina like this" Swathi showed me how to dance. I followed Swathi and Preeti. "I'm going to make a fool out of myself" I sat down in the corner, and watched my friends practice for the Sangeet. Preeti, and Swathi came over to me. "Naina, don't give up, we will help you" we all stood up.

"You two are the best" I hugged them. "What are best friends for?" They replied back. "Have you decided on what songs we will be dancing to?" I asked them. "We were thinking Didi tera Devar deewana, and mere haatho mein no no churiyha hain" Preeti, and Swathi decided. We started practicing, and I was getting the hang of it. If only mom was here, she would have been proud of me.

After rehersal, we decided to get changed. I don't know why I wasn't feeling the vibe today. That Naina wasn't coming out. "Naina, are you alright?" Preeti asked. "I'm just missing mom a lot today" Preeti and Swathi hugged me for support. "Please smile Naina, we don't want to see you upset" they consoled me. I smiled just for them.

Sameer's Pov

We were choosing our songs for the Sangeet. " "Let's do it on Dilwale dulhaniya le jayenghe, and Mere rang mein ragnewali" I suggested, and my friends agreed with me. We all wore a three-piece suit. Nanu came to us. "You all look so dashing, and handsome" Nanu hugged us all. We went to Naina's house. The arrangements were on full swing. We saw the girls coming downstairs, and talking. Naina ran to me, and hugged me tightly. "Naina, what's wrong, are you alright?" I asked with concern. "I was just missing you a lot" I looked at her. "I missed you too" I looked at Preeti, and Swathi to tell me what was wrong with Naina.

Naina's Pov

"Naina is missing her mom, so that why she is emotional today" Preeti replied. I let go of the hug. "Don't worry Princess, we are all here for you" Sameer kissed my forehead, and we all had a group hug. I don't know how I deserved them all. They have always been with me all the time. " Have you practiced for the Sangeet?" I asked the boys. "Yes, we did, and we are going to have fun" Pandit was excited. If only they knew what I was planning after the Sangeet. Nanu, and my family came outside. "Shall we start the Sangeet ceremony, girls will be dancing first, and then the boys?" Taiji asked.

Sameer's Pov

The girls started dancing on 'Didi tera devar deewana' I was shocked at first, but then realised it was us, because we are all so crazy. I must say Naina is a great dancer. We all started clapping for them, as they were doing so good. It changed the atmosphere totally. The girls were having a great time. "The girls are killing it with thier dancing" Munna, and Pandit whistled. The next song was 'Mere haatho mein now now churiyha hain'. This one was my personal favourite as the girls did a lot of expressions with thier faces, and the grace of it was fabulous. We decided to join them, and had a lot more fun smiling, and forgetting about our worries.

Naina's Pov

It was the boys turn, and they were all very cute. The first song was 'Dilwale dulhaniya le jayenghe' It made us all blush, since we were officially getting married tommorow. They came close to us, and made us dance with them. It was so funny, because we kept running away from them. We all sat down in our places, and cheered for them. The next song was my favourite 'Mere rang mein ragnewali'. "Wow, they are so good in dancing, we never knew they had that talent" we all whispered to each other.  The boys had finished dancing, and came to us.

"Congratulations, you all danced so well" we all started clapping for the boys. "We thought you did better than us" they suggested. I walked away from them, and got my guitar out. I headed towards the stage. "Naina, what are you doing?" Chachi asked. "I'm going to sing a song" everyone looked at me. They all sat down, and were ready to listen.

"This one is for you mom, happy mothers day" I looked up towards the sky.

Lately I've been thinkin, thinkin bout what we had
I know it was hard, it was all that we knew yeah
Have you been drinking to take all the pain away?
I wish I could give you what you deserve

Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you
Nothing can make me feel like you do
You know there's no one, I can relate to
And know we won't find a love that's so true

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together through the storm
There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together

I gave you everything, baby, everything I had to give
Girl why would you push me away? Yeah
Lost in confusion, like an illusion
You know I'm used to making your day

But that is the past now, we didn't last now
I guess that this is meant to be
Tell me was it worth it? We were so perfect
But baby I just want you to see

There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together through the storm
There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together
There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you, and me
Together through the storm
There's nothing like us, there's nothing like you and me
Together " I ended the song, and broke down in tears.
"Rest in peace angel, I love you mom" I screamed.

Sameer's Pov

I felt every lyrics, and it touched my heart. We all went up on stage. We all cried along with Naina, as I realised how difficult it must have been for Naina without a mother. We all hugged Naina so tightly. "Naina, that was really heart- touching, when did you learn to sing?" We wanted to know. "I always sing this song on mother's day, it reminds me of our pure relation we share, an angel gone, but never forgotten" we all looked up at the brightest star that was shining down at us.

Naina's Pov

"How do you feel Naina?" Sameer asked. "Much better now after singing, it gives me peace" I told everyone, and hugged dad. "Naina, that was so beautiful, mom is proud of you, and how far you have come in life, I know you were taking all this pain in, but Naina it wasn't your fault that your Mom passed away when she gave birth to you" Dad, and I cried. "I miss her so much" Preeti, and Swathi came to comfort me. I wiped my tears, and smiled looking at everyone, since tommorow was the big day.