Proposals(Six)

Edited 8/5/18

I was freaking out. I was going to propose to Annabeth in just a few short hours. What if something goes wrong? I took out the ring Leo made and studied it for the millionth time.

It truly is beautiful. I hope she loves it.

Anyway, I walked down to the beach where the firework show is held every year. I set out a blanket and set up sea shells around it. When I was satisfied, I headed back to pack the lunch basket for our date night.

After baking blue cookies and making fancy PB&Js, I got into my new suit Piper helped me pick out. She was currently getting Annabeth all dressed up.

Wish me luck.

Time skip...

The night air was cool and nice. Annabeth looked beautiful in her navy blue knee length dress. Her hair was curled and her eyes sparkled in the light of the fireworks.

We sat there and waited. We didn't talk, but we didn't really need to. We were just enjoying each other's presence. I could hardly contain my excitement. It was almost time.

Finally, the last firework of the night went off. And it took my breath away. Leo did a great job. Everything was perfect. I turned my gaze to Annabeth. She was looking at the firework with a mixture of amaze and nostalgia.

Then the words 'as long as we're together' appeared and she turned to me with such love, my heart skipped a beat.

I stood up, taking her hand and pulling her up with me. The entire beach was silent and everyone watched at a distance.

I grabbed the ring out of my pocket and got down on one knee. Annabeth gasped. "Annabeth," I started, "You are the love of my life, the most beautiful being to ever walk this earth. And I love you so much and I want to build something permanent with you. Will you, Annabeth Chase, marry me and make me the happiest man to ever exist?"

"Yes! Oh gods, yes! Of course, Seaweed Brain. I love you too!" I barely got to my feet before she tackled me with a hug, pressing her lips to mine passionately. Behind us, the whole camp cheered.

I pulled away long enough to slip the ring on her finger. She examined it and kissed me again. "Let's take this underwater," I whispered.

And that kiss shunned the old one as the best underwater kiss of all time.