Be My Boyfriend?(Onety-Threety-Zero)

Luke's POV

It's early November, two months into the school year, and I'm starting to feel like Aiden's become more than just a friend. We hang out all the time, whether it's at his apartment, at school, or some place in New Rome.

Aiden's only a senior, and he just turned eighteen, and he's got his own apartment. All I've been able to gather about his family is that his dad's a son of Mars and his mom's a daughter of Aphrodite and they're pretty rich.

I'm seeing less and less of Milo, though, the more I hang out with Aiden. For some reason, Milo despises Aiden. I keep telling myself it's because he's jealous that now he has to contend with someone else for my attention.

I can tell that Aiden's been wanting our relationship to evolve for awhile, but I've put I've put it off because I wasn't quite ready for something like that yet. But now I sort of want to give in. 

Later that day, we went out for coffee at the coffee shop, which Milo denied coming to. I glanced around the coffee shop, remembering past times with someone else when I caught Aiden staring.

"What?" I asked.

"You're just really--" he changed tack mid sentence, "really cute."

I blushed. "You think so?"

He nodded and tried to put his arm around me, pulling me closer into him, but I squirmed my way out because I didn't feel comfortable. He opted to take my hand instead and I was reminded once again of Noah.

"Be my boyfriend?" He asked, a strange glint in his eyes that I took as desperation.

I was flustered. "Yes. Yeah, I'd love to be your boyfriend."

He grinned.

^*^*^*^

"I can't believe you're dating that guy," Milo complained the next day. "What do you see in him?"

"He's super nice, funny, he actually cares about me, he wants to be around me all the time--"

"Luke," Milo said, stopping me. "I know that your breakup with Noah," I flinched, "is still a bit fresh, and you're vulnerable, but you can't just go throwing yourself at the first guy that's willing to pay you attention."

"I can't believe you're still on about this! Noah told me to find someone better, okay? And I did. I thought that you of all people would understand that and be happy for me."

"Luke," Milo called, but I had already pushed past him, intent on finding Aiden instead, someone who actually cared about how I felt.

^*^*^*^

Milo's POV

I opened the door to the Jackson house and walked inside. 

"Luke? That you?" Percy called from somewhere else in the house. The twins and Ariana were sat in the living room watching TV and eating snacks. School let out half an hour ago and I decided if Luke wouldn't listen to me, maybe Percy would.

"No, it's Milo. Can I talk to you?"

Percy entered the room with a look of confusion. "Sure, bud, what is it?"

We went to the kitchen and sat down at the island to talk.

"It's about Luke," I started.

Percy's eyebrows knit in concern. "Do you know where he is?"

"He's hanging out with his new boyfriend," I said. 

Percy nodded as if I'd just confirmed his beliefs. "So what about Luke?" he asked.

"Well it's actually more about his boyfriend. Have you met him yet?"

"Not yet. He's coming over for dinner tomorrow night."

"Well there's just something about him that I don't like. And Luke just adores him, but I don't think them being together is such a good idea. Especially so soon after Noah."

Percy nodded, considering what I said. "I'll keep an eye out when he comes over. But Luke's depression has gotten a lot better since he met Aiden and I think he might be good for Luke to get over Noah."

I groaned. "Not you too! Just wait and see. I just get this gut feeling whenever I'm around him. I don't like him. Just...please, just consider what I said."

"I'll think about it. I'll definitely watch him. Thank you for coming to me about this, Milo. You're a good friend."

I sighed. Luke doesn't seem to think so. On my way home, I decided that whatever Luke thought about it, I'd still keep a close eye on Aiden. Maybe plant some ideas in his head so that even if he won't listen to me about it, maybe he'll see for himself.

Whether Luke thinks I'm a good friend for it or not, I'll always have his back.

^*^*^*^

Percy's POV(The Next Day)

I kept thinking about what Milo said yesterday. Luke's not stupid, and I know he's careful about who he lets into his life, but Milo's a good judge of character.

I'm not sure who to trust at this point, so I've decided to make my own assumptions.

Anyway, they're due to arrive any moment. It's almost supper time, and I've got the meal all prepared, Ariana setting the table while the twins quickly tidy up the living room.

Just then, the door opened. 

"Dad, we're here," Luke called.

I made my way to the living room/entrance hall and quickly pulled Luke into a hug while Aiden stood quietly to the side.

I got my first look at him when I let go of Luke. He smiled brightly and held out his hand to shake. "Aiden Miller," he said. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Jackson."

"You can call me Percy," I said, noting his strong grip. He seemed like a very charming young man, I didn't see what was so hate-able about him.

After introductions, we sat down to eat and whenever Luke wanted something, Aiden would make sure it was passed to him and he even pulled out Luke's chair when they first sat down. 

The twins seemed to love him almost instantly. He always knew just what to say to send them into a fit of giggles.

But when he looked at me and our eyes met, I'll admit, I got the gut feeling Milo was talking about. I ignored it and brought out dessert. Overall, the dinner was a success.