Piper's POV(Thirty-One)

Edited 8/17/18

I was about three months along and no monsters had attacked yet, so we were still living in our apartment. We had gone to Camp Half-Blood to announce our pregnancy to our friends(who were elated by the way) and Percy spit out his water. When Annabeth slapped him, he apologized claiming he thought it was a tradition.

Anyway, Jason and I decided it was probably time to go to the hospital and get a checkup and see how the baby is doing. The car ride there was upbeat. I could hardly contain my excitement and Jason and I sang along to the radio the whole way.

Once we got into the hospital and checked in, we waited for a nurse to come get us and I never let go of Jason's hand.

"Mr. and Mrs. Grace?" A woman called. We stood and followed her to a room down the hall. I was practically bouncing off of the walls.

The nurse told me to lay down on the cot and went out to go get the doctor. About five minutes later the doctor came in. He was an older man who seemed to have lots of experience.

He put the gel stuff on my stomach and turned on the ultrasound. Jason never let go of my hand. My heart fluttered when the doctor frowned and readjusted the device. Jason perked up and looked at the screen. He frowned too.

"What? What is it?" I asked, starting to panic. It seemed to dawn on Jason what was happening and he looked down at his feet, squeezing my hand.

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked, in full on panic mode now.

The doctor sighed and turned to face us. "I am so very sorry, but it seems that you have suffered a miscarriage."

I don't remember much after that. Jason says I cried all the way home. He said that he did too. Apparently when we got home we just sat on the couch for the rest of the day, him just holding me in his arms. We slept on the couch that night too.