Frank's POV(Thirty-Five)

Edited 9/3/18

I decided to bring Hazel to New Orleans for her birthday. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing considering Christmas was only a few days away.

I remembered back to that day months ago when Annabeth and Percy announced being pregnant again. It was hilarious because no one was even drinking any water, but Leo made it a point to run over, slurp up some water from the lake, and then spit it out.

Calypso laughed, saying, "What is it with us being pregnancy buddies?" We all laughed a little until we realized what she said. "Wait what?" I asked baffled. "Double surprise!" Leo yelled, lighting himself on fire.

"When's your due date?" Calypso asked Annabeth. "April 10th, you?" "April 10th!" Calypso answered excitedly.

And that was the day Annabeth and Calypso both announced another baby.

Anyway, back to present day, I turned my attention to Hazel's hand in mine as we walked through the streets of New Orleans. I had never been this far south before and Hazel hadn't been here since the 1940s.

She was pulling me along and showing me all sorts of things that had changed over the years, not that different from our tour of Alaska. Finally after she showed me where she used to live and the horse stable she and Sammy hung out at, we stopped at a restaurant where I got to order some authentic Louisiana dishes.

Paying for the meal, I took Hazel's hand and we went for a walk, breathing in the warm December air. "Happy Birthday, Haze," I whispered. She hummed in response, closing her eyes and letting me lead her in the direction of our destination.

Once in the privacy of a little grove of trees, I got down on one knee and pulled out a small and simple ring, with a sparkling diamond in the center. Hazel gasped. "Will you marry me?" I asked Hazel. "Of course!" She screamed and wrapped me in a hug.

I smiled and kissed her. "Happy Birthday," I said again, "I love you."