Mother's Day(Twenty-Two)

Edited 8/12/18

Today is Mother's Day and the day Annabeth is due. We decided to head to my mother's to wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

Once there, mom embraced us and commented on Annabeth's baby bump. Estelle ran down the hallway and jumped into my arms. I spun her around and then she ran to Annnabeth. My wife took Estelle's hand and set it on her stomach.

"Can you feel him kicking?" She asked. Estelle concentrated really hard, even stuck out her tongue, and then her eyes flew open in excitement. "Yes!" She screeched.

"Can you say 'hi baby, this is Auntie Estelle?" Annabeth asked. Estelle repeated her words softly. She put her head on Annabeth's stomach.

"He said hi back!" She screeched. I chuckled. Paul came around the corner and gave out hugs and Sally went to the kitchen to retrieve the cookies.

You see, this is one of the few times Annabeth has left camp. We were allowing it just this one time, but I was still a little iffy about the whole idea considering she was just about nine months. In my opinion, this was a very bad idea. But Annabeth insisted. 

So I held on to my pen the entire time and always kept an eye on Annabeth. After awhile we left for camp again.

At camp, we sat on the beach, Annabeth's baby bump huge now.

"Happy Mother's Day," I whispered to her. She hummed, "hard to believe it right? Any day now."

"Any day now," I echoed.